43oh

New Energia 1.6.10E18 missing or corrupted JRE

Yesterday, I attempted to install Energia 18.  For some reason, the 'Java' folder was missing from the install.  I had several error messages about missing JRE.

However, after downloading the zip file again and unzipping it, the JAVA folder is now there.  I am able to install and run Energia now.

Only remaining problem is that I cannot find the Launchpad G2 board in the Boards list.  Not sure how to add it.

Any help adding new boards such as Launchpad G2 or MSP430FR5969 Launchpad would be greatly appreciated.

@@curtis63 did you change / delete the previous post? This post looked very different in the notification e-mail I got.

Either way, happy to hear that you got over the missing java issue. Not sure why a partially downloaded/corrupted zip file would still extract.. 

As for the missing MSP430 boards. The only architecture by default included in Energia is MSP430. Couple of questions:

1. Does the msp430 core show up in the Board manager (Tools->Board->Board Manager) and does it say "installed"
  2. In your Energia directory (where energia.exe) is, do you have a folder called "hardware\energia\msp430"

Could it be that the zip file downloaded is incomplete/corrupted again this time missing the msp430 folder or part of it?

Thanks,

Robert

Yes, my original post was quite the rant.  Then I saw what was missing and realized the rant was a bit exaggerated so I updated the posting with the next problem.

I have 6 boards showing up in the list.  Among them are the 2 that I need.  MSP-EXP430G2553LP and MSP-EXP430FR5969.

So When I select the MSP-EXP430G2553LP in the Energia stand alone program, and attempt to push code to it, I get the following error:

usbutil: unable to find a device matching 0451:f432
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I'm using COM4.  COM4 goes away when I unplug my launchpad, and re-appears when I plug it back in.  So I'm sure I'm on the right COM port.  I've tried this with 2 different G2553 Launchpads.  Each had a different port.

Also, when I go to Code Composer Studio and select 'File/New/Project/Energia/Energia Sketch, I get a dialog and on the top it says that it couldn't detect any boards.  I am wondering if this is related to the error message I get when running stand-alone energia outside of the Code Composer Studio environment..

Any help getting CCS and Energia to recognize my Launchpad boards would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Curtis

Unfortunately CCS does not yet support Energia 18. Reason is that the entire build system changed and the CCS team is working on integrating that into the next release.

You can however debug the binary produced by Energia with CCS.

As for not being able to upload, I failed to test it on Windows and it is indeed a bug. I am working on resolving it and will release an updated MSP430 package soon.

For now you can work-around it by following the steps in this post: http://forum.43oh.com/topic/9848-energia-1610r18-windows-7-launchpad-msp430g2553-dont-load-sketch/?p=74166

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've already did all that and now, it shows me this 

"MSP430_GetNumberOfUsbIfs

MSP430_GetNameOfUsbIf
Found FET: HID0014:COM3
MSP430_Initialize: HID0014:COM3
tilib: MSP430_Initialize: Could not find MSP-FET430UIF on specified COM port (error = 57)
tilib: device initialization failed"
How can i solve this?