Sign in to follow this  
yyrkoon

MSP430G2 emulator.

I think that short term, right now. I'll just do some simulation in the LP. So for instance I have two GPO's and two GPI's I think ( *looks* ). Yes, that's right. Granted one of the GPI's could also be an ADC input. Both ways will work.

I think I could use pin that are normally unused for this project as simulation pins. E.G. GPO's to output into my GPI's, and vice versa. I could also send text strings out over serial to a puTTY terminal . . .

You could also bust out one of those old V1.5 G2 LPs and make your own pluggable LP.

All the parts are in the V1.5 G2 LP box right now.

It will look like this:

post-112-0-25549700-1467777969_thumb.jpg

Then plug that into the ZIF socket and away you go!

You could also bust out one of those old V1.5 G2 LPs and make your own pluggable LP.

All the parts are in the V1.5 G2 LP box right now.

It will look like this:

attachicon.gif002.JPG

Then plug that into the ZIF socket and away you go!

Wulf is concerned that we somehow may blow up the beaglebone green that is attached to the board . . . which was purchased by the client.  But anyway. I did find two LP boxes that still had the female headers in antistatic bags. So I turned two male to male, and just soldered the pins together. I did this twice and I have female to female headers for the male outside header pins. We also have some stiff tinned ( coated ? ) stranded wire, that plugs fairly tightly into these female plugs. So I made 4 6"-8" loops, and I have . . .

P1.0 <-> P1.7
P1.5 <-> P2.5
P2.1 <-> P2.4
P2.3 <-> P2.0

pins on the left are needed by the project, pins on the right are additional for "simulation" purposes.  Pretty simple, but somehow for some reason it just does not excite me as much as doing this physically from the project board . . . but at least this way I can get my software working without having to do someone elses job before hand . . . which was really starting to grate on my nerves. The board is still not 100% functional.