Binish

New MSP430FR5994 LaunchPad Development Kit

Hi,

TI has a new launchpad MSP430FR5994 LaunchPad Development Kit  based on the MSP430FR5994.

The new controller is in "Preview" status , but looks interesting -- 256KB FRAM + 8KB RAM + a Low-Energy Accelerator for Vector Math Operations ( TI claims 35x Faster Than ARM Cortex-M0+ Core for 256-Point Complex FFT ).

Check the app note Benchmarking the Signal Processing Capabilities of the Low-Energy Accelerator (Rev. A)  for details.

The launchpad itself is interesting as it has an on-board micro SD card and super capacitor. Has any one got hands on experience with this one? I was thinking of getting one for a data-logging application,  256KB FRAM + SD card  combo is very much tempting. 

Would like to hear from you guys , has TI finally going in the right direction,  as far as MSP430 is concerned, with the LEA in the fight against ARM?

I agree @@Fred. I have too many LPs as well.

I have to admit that I'm a tech junkie.  I guess that's why it's so hard to resist a micro with a whopping 256KB of FRAM.

So, I received my FR5994LP today and I was pleasantly surprised to find that TI included an 8GB flash memory card in the micro SD connector.

@TI, if you're reading this thread, Thanks! That was a nice value add touch!

So, I received my FR5994LP today and I was pleasantly surprised to find that TI included an 8GB flash memory card in the micro SD connector.

@TI, if you're reading this thread, Thanks! That was a nice value add touch!

I received mine a few weeks ago. I was surprised too! But I can see the reason. From my work work with SD cards, cheap ones can vary wildly with regards to write speeds/current consumption. I'm sure the Sandisk ones are much more consistent.