43oh

GNU Scientific Library Compilation Error with Energia 15 for CC3200

Hello,

I am doing wavelet transformation in C code using GSL-2.1 Library. I have done it successfully in CCSv6.1 with TI v16.3.0 STS compiler.  My most of the other codes are in Energia since I have found it very easy to use. Now I am trying to interface GSL-2.1 with Energia but getting some errors. Let me explain first how I am adding library to Energia 

1. Downloaded GSL lib from here  and extracted it.
  2. copied all .h files in new folder GSL_wavelet as well as in new gsl folder
  3. copied all c files related to wavelet and linked files in GSL_wavelet
  4. then paste GSL_wavelet in cc3200/libraries and placed gsl folder in energia-0101E0015\hardware\cc3200\cores\cc3200 folder

then wrote the following code to test the DWT

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_errno.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_vector.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_blas.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_test.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_wavelet.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_wavelet2d.h>
#include <gsl_wavelet.h>
//#include<wavelet.c>
//#include<daubechies.c>
//#include<error.c>
//#include<stream.c>

gsl_wavelet *w;
gsl_wavelet_workspace *work;
w = gsl_wavelet_alloc(gsl_wavelet_daubechies,4);
work = gsl_wavelet_workspace_alloc(256);

void setup()
{

}

void loop()
{

}

it is very simple code. I wrote it only for test whether lib is working or not. The files which I copied in libraries is same as which are working with CCSv6.1, however, I am getting following error 

[C:\Users\LaxmiKant\OneDrive\Project\energia-0101E0015\hardware\tools\lm4f\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++, -c, -Os, -w, -fno-rtti, -fno-exceptions, -ffunction-sections, -fdata-sections, -mthumb, -mcpu=cortex-m4, -DF_CPU=80000000L, -MMD, -DARDUINO=101, -DENERGIA=15, -IC:\Users\LaxmiKant\OneDrive\Project\energia-0101E0015\hardware\cc3200\cores\cc3200, -IC:\Users\LaxmiKant\OneDrive\Project\energia-0101E0015\hardware\cc3200\variants\launchpad, -IC:\Users\LaxmiKant\OneDrive\Project\energia-0101E0015\hardware\cc3200\libraries\wavelet, C:\Users\LAXMIK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1071701420128820851.tmp\dwt2.cpp, -o, C:\Users\LAXMIK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1071701420128820851.tmp\dwt2.cpp.o]
dwt2.ino:19:1: error: 'w' does not name a type
dwt2.ino:20:1: error: 'work' does not name a type

perhaps I need some modification to make it working with Energia but I am clueless. Any help would be appreciated.   

You have code outside of functions. Try moving the lines starting with w= and work= into setup.

Thanks. It was the silly mistake. I have moved it in setup(). Now I am getting linking errors

dwt2.cpp.o: In function `setup':
dwt2.cpp:(.text.setup+0x8): undefined reference to `gsl_wavelet_alloc'
dwt2.cpp:(.text.setup+0x14): undefined reference to `gsl_wavelet_workspace_alloc'
dwt2.cpp:(.text.setup+0x20): undefined reference to `gsl_wavelet_daubechies'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Any help??

Update:

added corresponding files in the search path now getting following errors

C:\Users\LaxmiKant\OneDrive\Project\energia-0101E0015\hardware\cc3200\cores\cc3200\driverlib\libdriverlib.a, -lm, -lc, -lgcc, -LC:\Users\LAXMIK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1071701420128820851.tmp, -lm]
c:/users/laxmikant/onedrive/project/energia-0101e0015/hardware/tools/lm4f/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m\libc.a(lib_a-abort.o): In function `abort':
abort.c:(.text.abort+0xa): undefined reference to `_exit'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

When I imported Energia project in CCSv6.1, getting same error as above.