43oh

about UCS in MSP430x5xx

Hello everyone, I encounter a question about aspect of U.C.S. operation. so, please help me!!! and thank you ~~~

My question is as follow:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__bis_SR_register(SCG0); // Disable the FLL control loop

UCSCTL0 = 0x0000; // Set lowest possible DCOx, MODx

UCSCTL1 = DCORSEL_3; // Set RSELx for DCO = 4.9 MHz ???

UCSCTL2 = FLLD_1 + 74; // Set DCO Multiplier for 2.45MHz

// (N + 1) * FLLRef = Fdco

// (74 + 1) * 32768 = 2.45MHz

// Set FLL Div = fDCOCLK/2

__bic_SR_register(SCG0); // Enable the FLL control loop

--------------------Show me how the programs work and its means which is as describe above, please~~~~ ---------------------

By the way, I had ever find the User's guide to understand it operation, and I can know its actions in the UCS, but I couldn't know what its means........... . ===> The programs as above given, its action might be let:

TEST CONDITIONS MIN TYP MAX UNIT

?DCORSELx = 3, DCOx = 0, MODx = 0 0.64 1.51 MHz ?

that information as above given is as describe in the user's guide pages 50.

==============The Msp430F5438 User's Guide want me to find device-specific, but I can't find it....================

3.4 UCS Module Registers

The UCS module registers are listed in Table 3-2. The base address can be found in the device-specific

data sheet. The address offset is listed in Table 3-2.

======================================================= =============================================

and my complete c code is as follow:

#include "msp430x54x.h"

void main(void)

{

WDTCTL = WDTPW + WDTHOLD; // Stop watchdog timer

//Port????I/O??????????

what they mean by device specific, is in the data sheet for your specific chip it will show you in a table all registers pertaining to your chip and the offset or address of that specific register.

Thank you for "jsolarski", but I just don't know why it set "DCOx, MODx and DCORSEL_3", I can't understand the means about the User's Guide described. :cry:

DCO and MOD bits set the exact frequency for the selected range DCORSEL_3

look at it this way

DCORSELx bits select the frequency range

DCOx bits selects the base frequency

MODx bits selects the modulation (check the user guide for DCO modulator)

I hope this answers your question, but this is as far as my understanding goes for the UCS.

if you need more help you may want to rephrase your question too

what they mean by device specific, is in the data sheet for your specific chip it will show you in a table all registers pertaining to your chip and the offset or address of that specific register.

Thank you for "jsolarski", but I just don't know why it set "DCOx, MODx and DCORSEL_3", I can't understand the means about the User's Guide described. :cry:

Hi inru0716, "Reports" are for reporting SPAM. Any reason why you reported Jsolarski's post. I'm sure he's not. If he is, he's a pretty helpful one. :thumbup:

Also, welcome to the forums!