OzGrant

Copy SD file to PC

G'day,

Have a SD card that is difficult to remove from the mother PCB. due to IP57 water proof box.

Is there a simple way of using USB or Bluetooth to transfer a file from the SD card to a spot on the PC hard-drive. 

Would also be nice to be able to download files to the SD card.

Tks

I'd try Serial first. It won't be fast but probably easy to do. I'd use something like cat /dev/ttyxyz > somefile.extention.

The sketch would simply read the file one byte at a time and then Serial.write() so that you can pick it up on the PC side. Do not use Serial.print() since that will try to transform the byte read to ASCII.

I'd write a simple Sketch that does the above and and waits for a button press to start reading the file. Then start cat on the pc and press the button to start reading the file. Turn on an LED when the transfer is complete so that you have an indication for when to stop cat on the PC.

Robert

Robert,  Have tried a few capture/spy serial monitors(realterm etc) but they would be difficult for my customers to use.

Other than nocking up a VB solution and the hassles getting it install at each site, is there an equivalent cat/dev/ttyxyz that will run in windows and not Linux.

Tks