43oh

Have feedback for TI? Please share here.

@@abecedarian No worries, the MSP430 USB peripherals and libraries handle that nicely. You can query the USB status (connected, suspended, enumerating etc.).

The main request is, that TI offers more MSP430/432's with USB peripheral. I think right now USB is only available in the MSP430F55xx family. It seems that with all the IOT hype, some manufacturers assume that USB is becoming obsolete.

We could go out of the box, though, and use FTDI or similar devices to give USB support via UART. That is sort of where my mind was.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Here is some feedback. Apologies on the late reply.   There was approximately an hour to field our questions/requests. On a few questions that were not asked, I have an open channel with

Hello 43oh Members and Guests! In a few weeks, I'll have a chance to meet people within TI. Among them are those who work on the Launchpad platform, marketing, web team and designers of their micro-c

The biggest flaw with standardizing on an Arduino Driver lib is precisely because it encourages people to NOT learn about the underlying hardware. As soon as they try to connect up a peripheral with a

Posted Images

We could go out of the box, though, and use FTDI or similar devices to give USB support via UART. That is sort of where my mind was.

When your main competitor has super cheap uCs with a handful of I/Os that have USB built-in, adding a FTDI part that costs as much as their whole uC does is really not helping us much. Now, if they think USB is obsolete because of IoT or something, then make a MSP432 with a built-in wireless bridge that's simple to use and doesn't require the user build and link the stacks.

I'd really love to do something with the SensorTag, but the software and documentation are a mess, and the part is not low cost unless you buy 10 billion of them.