43oh

How do I connect a sensortag to Energia? I assumed I used the xds110 to probram & debug, but Energia complains:

IcePick_C: Error connecting to the target: (Error -260 @ 0x0) An attempt to connect to the XDS110 failed. The cause may be one or more of: invalid firmware update, invalid XDS110 serial number, or faulty USB connection. The firmware and serial number may be updated using the xdsdfu utility found in the .../ccs_base/common/uscif/xds110 directory of your installation. View the ReadMe.txt file there for instructions. (Emulation package 6.0.14.5) 

and running xdsdfu.exe -e gives

USB Device Firmware Upgrade Utility

Copyright © 2008-2015 Texas Instruments Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

Scanning USB buses for supported XDS110 devices...

Found 0 devices.

yours Simon M.

I'm using the Debug DevPack and experienced some issues.

The Debug DevPack has been recalled and replaced with new release 1.3.

Uploading to the CC2650 SensorTag using the new Debug DevPack 1.3 no longer works with Energia on Mac OS X. 

The syntax has changed. Previous release used

DSLite load CC2650F128_TIXDS110_Connection.ccxml blink.cpp.elf

New release requires the -c and -f prefixes and uploads .hex files only.

DSLite load -c CC2650F128_TIXDS110_Connection.ccxml -f blink.cpp.hex

Please refer to the ticket DSLite Fails to Upload to Debug DevPack 1.3 at Energia GitHub.

What exactly does "Recalled" mean? I bought two of these when they first came out and have been using them off and on for about a year now. Am I supposed to send them back for exchange or something/ Thanks!

I think there is a recall exchange available (for the Debug DevPack, not the sensortag itself which is fine).  IIRC, the TI store's online support chat might be able to get you started on that process.

What exactly does "Recalled" mean? I bought two of these when they first came out and have been using them off and on for about a year now. Am I supposed to send them back for exchange or something/ Thanks!

There was a notice a while back:

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/9343-important-sensortag-debug-devpack-bulletin/

See http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Debug_DevPack_User_Guide

Potential Overheating of Debug DevPack

We have observed high temperatures on the TM4C1294 chip on a limited number of Debug DevPack (revison 1.2) when hot-plugging the USB cable. If you encounter this problem, please stop using your Debug DevPack and contact TI sales support line TI sales support to get a replacement debug DevPack.