43oh

GPIO state when programming with SBW

Hi guys,

awsome forum, have been reading for a while, this is the first post. Although I'm no beginner with electronics in general (did analog IC design for more than 10 years), I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to embedded programming :)  

One thing that I've not been able to figure out is what happens to the GPIO's while the flash is being programmed, e.g. on a launchpad. Reason I'm asking is that I don't want to destroy any circuitry that is connected to the GPIO's and that could be driving these while the MSP is being programmed. Doing a lot SW iterations, guess I could call myself an agile developer  :D

Regards,

Paal

Hmm, very good question.  Without any further research I would assume the same as when it's in the RESET state, that is, the pins are in Hi-Z (like input mode).

Yes sir, that is what I'm hoping for. But would be nice to know for sure, new radio modules take forever to get from from Hongkong to Norway  :)

One thing that I've not been able to figure out is what happens to the GPIO's while the flash is being programmed, e.g. on a launchpad. Reason I'm asking is that I don't want to destroy any circuitry that is connected to the GPIO's and that could be driving these while the MSP is being programmed.

If SBW / JTAG master execute target device RESET (SBW / JTAG command, not related to changing RESET pin state) then all pins (except SBW / JTAG) will have after device RESET state (input without pulling).

SBW / JTAG master also can put target device under SBW / JTAG control and execute target device flashing without RESET command. In this case pin states will be untouched.