43oh

Hi,

I know that wifi.begin uses DHCP and grabs an IP assigned to the cc3200. my question is, can I convert the IP to a website name instead of just the IP numbers ?

Right now, I am using the simplewebserver example and I get the IP for the device to be 192.168.1.224.

It says to open and see the webpage, type that IP into a browser. But Instead of putting that IP into the browser,is there a way that I could put something like mywebsite.com and still get to the same page on IP 192.168.1.224 ? this is all local, so no port forwarding and no accessing the website from outside the router.

Thanks,

Dennis

Just local? From a single PC, use a host file. This requires a static ip on the device.

For a network, try checking your router's configuration. It can either map single static IPs to a hostname, or allow mapping a mac address to a hostname. Or allows mapping a mac to a specific DHCP lease, which can then be mapped to a hostname.

From the device, edit the code so that it registers a hostname with the DHCP server. A bit more complex.