Sign in to follow this  
maxkoo

MSP432 Launch Pad 'A2' was not declared in this scope

Hi,

I want to use all of the 24 analog input channels of the MSP432P401R Launch Pad and print it serial.

It works realy good for 23 of the 24 input channels, but only Pin 5.3 (ADC14INCH_2) doesn

@@maxkoo

I don't remember this showing up before.  Perhaps it is because that pin is outside the normal 40 pin booster pack pinout.

pins_energia.h has A2 commented out as follows:

static const uint8_t A0 = 30;
static const uint8_t A1 = 29;
//static const uint8_t A2 = n/a;
static const uint8_t A3 = 12;

Looking at the schematics (1 of 7) in the MSP432P401R LaunchPad User's Guide (SLAU597A) it seems to differ from the other pins:

post-45284-0-78923400-1453675433_thumb.jpg

I don't know why.  Maybe someone can tell us.  If it isn't usable, it should probably be taken off of  the Energia pin map to avoid confusion.

EDIT: BTW, you can get it to compile by substituting the pin number on the pin map (61) for A2.  I did this and tried to get an analog read from the pin with 3.3V applied.  I didn't get anything so for whatever reason it doesn't seem usable.

We indeed missed A2 (ADC14INCH_2). Unfortunately changing the source will not have any effect since Energia uses the pre-compiled binary. This will change with the next IDE where the emt (Energia Multi Tasking)  Wiring framewrok sources will be build from source.

Robert

On a related note, A8=A9=27.  I believe A9 should actually be 26.

I'll also mention that although A2 cannot be used (even if you put the correct pin number in there) per Robert's comment, A9 can be used if you just use the value 26 instead of 27.