Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

New Energia release 0101E0017 - 12/09/2015

A new version of Energia has been released. This version fixes alot of bugs from the previous version and also adds support for the following:

• 3 new boards were added:
    • CC2650 based SensorTag (MT)

• CC3200 based RedBearLab WiFi micro (MT and Standard)

• LAUNCHXL-F28069M (Standard)

• CC3200prog has been enhanced to automatically reset the RedBearLab boards after upload.

• I2C has been moved to the new BoosterPack standard (pins 9 and 10). This allows I2C and SPI to operate concurrently.

• DSLite has been updated to the latest version. MSP432 and CC2650 use DSLite for upload. Other boards will follow in the next release.

• Mac OS X Energia package is now signed and no special action is needed for Mac Gatekeeper.

A full list of bug fixes and enhancements can be found here. Download Energia-17 from this page.

Downloads

Purchased 3 launchxl-cc2650 boards before Jan 18...They arrived Jan 18.

The documentation gives this link http://dev.ti.com/tirex/#/DevTool/launchxl-cc2650

and this page has no usable software and not code to build with their branded IDEs.

http://dev.ti.com/tirex/#/DevTool/CC2650%20LaunchPad?link=CC26xx%20Bluetooth%20Smart%2FDevelopment%20Tools%2FCC2650%20LaunchPad

Its blank, messaged them, and its still and there's no way to build in Energia.

Is this regular?  These are public sales no?  They are payed for to the company of manufacture.  Is this kind of situation from TI or standard in the industry?  Should I think about this board like a screwdriver or something that I should not expect the means to utilize it from the company they were purchased from? Did delays happen with the other boards that are supported by Energia? I wasn't familiar with the software before it was already completely functional with TI's boards that I purchased, when I did that prior.

They were messaged at customer service and forums about the brochure in each package being wrong, and a url on their site being blank, there was an employee who said "....its new"  and I know that, but is that all? 

Any thoughts how to build today? to be able to compile? for this board..

Thank you for any insights

AJ

Purchased 3 launchxl-cc2650 boards before Jan 18...They arrived Jan 18.

The documentation gives this link http://dev.ti.com/tirex/#/DevTool/launchxl-cc2650

and this page has no usable software and not code to build with their branded IDEs.

http://dev.ti.com/tirex/#/DevTool/CC2650%20LaunchPad?link=CC26xx%20Bluetooth%20Smart%2FDevelopment%20Tools%2FCC2650%20LaunchPad

Its blank, messaged them, and its still and there's no way to build in Energia.

Is this regular?  These are public sales no?  They are payed for to the company of manufacture.  Is this kind of situation from TI or standard in the industry?  Should I think about this board like a screwdriver or something that I should not expect the means to utilize it from the company they were purchased from? Did delays happen with the other boards that are supported by Energia? I wasn't familiar with the software before it was already completely functional with TI's boards that I purchased, when I did that prior.

They were messaged at customer service and forums about the brochure in each package being wrong, and a url on their site being blank, there was an employee who said "....its new"  and I know that, but is that all? 

Any thoughts how to build today? to be able to compile? for this board..

Thank you for any insights

AJ

http://dev.ti.com/launchxl-cc2650

@@soundmasteraj right now Energia only supports CC2650 SensorTag. Reason that I have not pulled the trigger on the LaunchPad flavor is that we do not have a BLE library for the CC2650. There are some licensing challenges between the open source licenses used in Energia and the BLE stack license. When that is solved, I will enable the CC2650 LaunchPad.

I'm new to Energia and am working on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. After unpackign the tar package I'm getting an error after running ./energia & that says: line 23: java: command not found. Has this been an error in the past? My install of java is up to date.

@@soundmasteraj right now Energia only supports CC2650 SensorTag. Reason that I have not pulled the trigger on the LaunchPad flavor is that we do not have a BLE library for the CC2650. There are some licensing challenges between the open source licenses used in Energia and the BLE stack license. When that is solved, I will enable the CC2650 LaunchPad.

Thank you "energia" yes, I can understand a reason such as that to be a good reason for the delay from since the time of purchase, even until now.  Thank you for your response, and Thank you for all of the hard work from you and your team, it is appreciated!~  I hope there will be a resolution and the licences can be made to work somehow. 

@@energia can you please clarify this, as I understand both sensortag and launchpad have same CC2650 with BLE stack, if sensor tag can be supported then why not launchpad. 

Thanks

I'm new to Energia and am working on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. After unpackign the tar package I'm getting an error after running ./energia & that says: line 23: java: command not found. Has this been an error in the past? My install of java is up to date.

Hi elewis575. Seems to me you dont get any answer to your question. So I have one for you . . .  I am also new to this stuff here. I use a Mac and I have this problem that I had to install an old version of java in order to run energia at all. But then it works. The problem now is that many other things complain that my java is old. I see your java is updated. Any idea for me?  Regards from Brazil, Peter

Are the the Launchpad MSP430  boards not supported anymore?

This version doesn't work for me with MSP430 Launchpad board with 2553 on OSX 10.11.6.  Compiles OK but  get 'can't find libusb' error  when trying to upload.

Old version of Energia works fine.

TIA