43oh

RS485 Communication using MAX485 and MSP430 Launchpad

launchpad-interface-usb2serial.jpg

In this tutorial we will interface a MSP430 launchpad containing MSP430G2553 with a RS485 decoder chip from Maxim (MAX 485) and send data to an x86 PC through an RS485 Link.

data-rxed-windows.jpeg

Software running on the PC receives the data and displays the data on screen

Full Tutorial along with Source codes an be found here 

#1 No idea what you going on about. I do not care.

#2 How old are you ? Because filling up the recent post list for attention implies you're about 5 years old.

#3 You realize your action here is very inconsiderate. As in you deem your post more important than others who recently posted. When in fact the other post In my own opinion are far more important. Not because of content, but because of behavior.

@@bluehash  or @@spirilis ^^^

For completeness, here is the link that should have been in the OP, http://www.xanthium.in/RS485-communication-using-MAX485-and-MSP430-Launchpad

The tutorial on your site looks well written and has a wealth of information. I suspect the link is missing because new (under a number of posts) cannot post links to reduce spam.

However, like @@yyrkoon, I have some concerns,

1. Why post an identical topic 5 times?
  2. This post does not add any additional information, infact because the link is missing there is really no information.
  3. Your original website post was back in June... this just feels like recycling.

Given that a simple google search of "RS485 MAX485 MSP430" returned your site as the first result proves that you don't need to be placing "snippets" like this on forums. People looking for RS485 on MSP430 will be able to find your tutorial.

A much better use of forums is to actually showcase a project using RS485. like "RS485 Automated blind controller" or "RS485 networked doorbell"

Perhaps a way to mitigate this is to have a rule that before someone can promote their wares they would need some number of reputation points. This would require an investment in the community before being able to market products. Unfortunately as the community continues to grow it will tend to attract more folks who will just want to use 43oh as a marketing tool.

Perhaps a way to mitigate this is to have a rule that before someone can promote their wares they would need some number of reputation points. This would require an investment in the community before being able to market products. Unfortunately as the community continues to grow it will tend to attract more folks who will just want to use 43oh as a marketing tool.

Personally, I see no problem in using the 43oh forums as a "marketing tool". So long as the person involved behaves like an adult. Look at RobG, he sells various things on this forums, but he also does so reasonably - I think.

Agreed. RobG was the first to come to mind when I thought of someone who strikes an excellent balance between participation and product sales. And I don't have a problem with it at all. However, I would hate to see the forum's noise level increase if 43oh started to lean commercial. I think that having someone participate in the community for a time before introducing anything commercial would have two benefits. First being that drive by marketing would be less of an issue. The second is that as they participate in the community they would more likely strike the right balance (e.g. RobG and others) with their marketing efforts. Just my two cents....