43oh

sslConnect dosn't work with some servers

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Azure Event Hub validate the client-side certificate?  That could be a problem since Energia doesn't exactly expose an API for users to load their own client cert.  So the CC3200 uses whatever default client cert it comes with I think.

Hi, there is no client-side certificate validation. I use it for example with ESP8266 and Arduino IDE and it works with no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Code is in ZIP archive http://1drv.ms/1ZTPs3t Correct response should be "Unauthorized" There is fake security key. Rest of code is real.

FYI- A bit late getting back to this, but I've confirmed on a Tiva-C TM4C123G LaunchPad with CC3100 that changing your client.connect(HOST, 443) to client.sslConnect(HOST, 443) results in connection failure.  Will have to dive deeper to see if I can find out anything regarding "why".

FYI- A bit late getting back to this, but I've confirmed on a Tiva-C TM4C123G LaunchPad with CC3100 that changing your client.connect(HOST, 443) to client.sslConnect(HOST, 443) results in connection failure.  Will have to dive deeper to see if I can find out anything regarding "why".

Error from the SimpleLink WiFi is -208.

#define SL_ESEC_SOCKET_ERROR_E                (-208)  /* error state on socket    */

In contrast, www.ti.com:443 works fine (connects at least) with sslConnect().  Very odd!

Did anyone ever get to the root of this?

@@stepanb I've tried your code as-is (just replaced my event hub details) and no luck :(

Could it possibly be the version, key size or CA of the certificate - causing the CC3200 SSL library problems?

SHA-256 with RSA Encryption ( 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11 )

[edit, adding link to my other post about this just to help me find it]