Sign in to follow this  
Johann

Using HW (not SW) I2C

Please find the updated pins map for MSP430G2553.

attachicon.gifMSP430G2553.jpeg

@@Rei Vilo thanks for the updated pin map ... maybe kind of OT, but the box "Use pins numbers only" leaves me a little bit confused. Is this related to the ADC? So using analogRead(2) instead of analogRead(A0) ?

Hello everybody,

First, let me apologize for the inconvenience caused by the I2C pin changes. The reason for the change is that almost all BoosterPacks have I2C on pins 9 and 10 now. A second reason is that with the previous pin mapping it was not possible to use I2C and SPI at the same time since they default mapped to the same pins. With that said, I have not done a poor job in documenting this and will correct this today and early next week.

As for the open source-ness. Energia is open source and all development for the already released boards takes place on github. The none Multi Tasking flavors changes are pushed to master as they happen. The Multi Tasking flavors development is indeed done on an internal TI server up to the point that we release a branch. At that point it is pushed into the emt sub module. Note that an emt release is not an Energia release. There are many releases of emt that are pushed before there is an Energia release. The reason for developing emt on an internal server is the way things are setup right now. I will be moving all development directly go into the github repo next year. Just like all other Energia development is done.

There is "secret" development done on a private github repo for not yet released / announced boards because, well, they are indeed secret up to they point they are actually announced. By working this way, I am able to provide Energia support for these boards on the release date or soon there after.

I hope this helps explain why I operate as I do.

Thank you all for using Energia and contributing to it.

Robert

@@energia So where do I go to checkout the source for energia 17?  I just checked out the master branch and did a ant clean build dist ... It doesn't match what is in the downloadable energia-17.tgz ...

I wanted to create a push for adding parity to the UART code. However, I don't actually know where to add this so it will become part of a future release?

-rick

BTW: there are files with non ascii characters in them.  Specifically the file I want to edit.  I created an issue a month ago with a fix but nothing has happened with it.  Any chance that could be cleaned up ?

[Edit]

I've attached the output of

diff -br . /mnt/vbox/shared/Downloads/energia-0101E0017 >/tmp/diff.txt

[/Edit]

diff.txt

Hmm... I just checked my Linux build machine and all changes have been commited and master is up-to-date and should match the release.

I can think of a couple of things that might be causing the difference.

1: The build script copies a set of common libraries located in the root libraries folder to the libraries folders of all the architectures. e.g. msp430/libraries.

2: There is an emt submodule that needs to be updated as well. Please see https://github.com/energia/Energia#clone-instructionsfor details on how to check out the emt submodule. It could be that after this the emt submodule is not at master. To correct this cd to emt and do a git checkout master. When you do a git log you should see that the latest commit comment is: "emt-a61"

3: There are a couple of commits that snug in after the release. One of these changes was to have the build script copy the common libraries. I have just updated the 0101E0017-emt-a61 tag to match the commit ID that was used to release Energia 17. If you do checkout this tag then note that to get the common libraries into the build you have to execute ../libraries/copy_libs.sh while in the build directory.

Hope this helps. Let em know if you still see differences and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Robert

2: There is an emt submodule that needs to be updated as well. Please see https://github.com/energia/Energia#clone-instructionsfor details on how to check out the emt submodule. It could be that after this the emt submodule is not at master. To correct this cd to emt and do a git checkout master. When you do a git log you should see that the latest commit comment is: "emt-a61"

I had checked out the submodule.  However, I hadn't gone into emt and done 'git checkout master'.  I just tried that and rebuilt.  It is still the same difference.

3: There are a couple of commits that snug in after the release. One of these changes was to have the build script copy the common libraries. I have just updated the 0101E0017-emt-a61 tag to match the commit ID that was used to release Energia 17. If you do checkout this tag then note that to get the common libraries into the build you have to execute ../libraries/copy_libs.sh while in the build directory.

So are you saying the git tag '0101E0017-emt-a61' is the one I should be using?

There are only minimal changes between the tag and the current master.

After you build, what directories do you diff?

$ diff -br /tmp/energia-0101E0017 /mnt/vbox/shared/Downloads/energia-0101E0017  >/tmp/emt-a61_diff.txt

/tmp is where I extracted the tgz built from source. /mnt/vbox/shared/Downloads is the file I downloaded from energia.nu

Thanks Rick,

Something must have gone wrong with the linux 32 build. The OSX build matches the Linux 64 built.

Although the differences seem extensive, there are really only 2 differences. One is the LCD_SharpBoosterPack_SPI library not being the same. It is missing the drawImage() function. The cc_pal.c is a different version. This is not such a big deal since it behaves the same as the newer version if as long as -DTARGET_IS_CC3200 is defined which is it since the cc3200emt/Plat.mk also differs. 

What I can not explain are the non ascii char in some of the files. These are not present in my repo I have here. I will have to look into that 

I will look into this in detail next week. I think difference are to subtle to justify pulling the linux 32 release. What do you think?

Robert

I will look into this in detail next week. I think difference are to subtle to justify pulling the linux 32 release. What do you think?

I don't really care if you pull it.  I just wanted to know how to build it from source so I could edit the latest source and submit a push for some code enhancements.  I wanted to make sure I was using the correct source.

What I can not explain are the non ascii char in some of the files. These are not present in my repo I have here. I will have to look into that

a quick scan of the source tree reveals some more:

$ find . -type f -exec file {} \; | grep -i Non-ISO
./libraries/OPT3001/OPT3001.cpp: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/c2000/cores/c2000/F2806x_common/source/F2806x_Adc.c: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/c2000/cores/c2000/f2802x_common/source/F2802x_Adc.c: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text
./hardware/lm4f/libraries/WiFi/utility/netapp.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/lm4f/cores/lm4f/driverlib/epi.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text
./hardware/cc3200emt/libraries/WiFi/utility/netapp.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/cc3200/libraries/WiFi/utility/netapp.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/msp432/libraries/WiFi/utility/netapp.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/msp430/libraries/WiFi/utility/netapp.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./hardware/msp430/libraries/DriverLib/utility/inc/msp430f5xx_6xxgeneric.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text
./hardware/msp430/cores/msp430/HardwareSerial.cpp: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text
./emt/src/ti/runtime/wiring/cc3200/libraries/WiFi/utility/netapp.h: C source, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

The strange characters are in the comments .. like the extended character set version of ` and ' and "

With HardwareSerial.cpp has a couple of extended characters '-' (0x96) and  'x' (0xd7)

It appeared at this checkin:

https://github.com/energia/Energia/commit/17dff904606616a5c43ee486cf371d6f61f2c861#diff-1cf454b41b8d22a38557461f91553dc9R116

So you might ask Stefan what he uses to edit code.

-rick