alanaxis

music with assembly language

I'm new to the msp430 and I want to make it play a song through a speaker when I push the button. However, I want to do this with assembly code and not in C. I am using IAR embedded workbench to do my programming. I'm connecting a speaker directly to the msp430 at p1.3 and ground. Are there any tutorials on how to do this? Or any assembly code I could look at that does something similar? I looked through the forum topics but could not find anything that matched with what I'm trying.

thanks,

alanaxis

A variation of the RTTL player that adds a simple envelope to each note.

Some in assembly & C:

MIDI driven:

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/810-fraunchpad-poly-synth/

This has a bug that causes only half of the sine wave to be used. Look carefully at the 'scope and you will see it.

Table driven:

This has a bug that causes the frequency to be a bit off. Don't remember if I fixed the posted code.

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/1729-fraunchpad-synth-still-alive/

Thanks, that all looks a bit advanced for where i'm at(i'm only a few weeks into this). If I can use tones to play happy birthday, then i'll be happy. Maybe something similar to opening a music box or a Christmas card and having it play a simple tone based melody.

-David