43oh

Error uploading LCD_SharpBoosterPack_SPI_main

I recently purchased a Sharp memory LCD Booster Pack

I downloaded the library files: LCD_SharpBoosterPack_SPI_main

I opened up the example program and tried to upload onto my brand new MSP Launchpad (G2553). It returned the following error

energia-0101e0016/hardware/tools/msp430/bin/../lib/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/../../../../msp430/bin/ld.exe: LCD_SharpBoosterPack_SPI_main.cpp.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `ram'

energia-0101e0016/hardware/tools/msp430/bin/../lib/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/../../../../msp430/bin/ld.exe: region `ram' overflowed by 672 bytes

Ok fair enough. That is what I thought. Thanks for the quick clarification. Much appreciated.

Just a pity this is not made clearer in the user documentation as one can easily assume that any MSP430 device would work as not much is written about memory requirements. On the other hand my mistake for not doing the simple math as you have done.  :mellow:

Not all is lost.... so for the benefit of other users who want to use the Sharp LCD with a MSP430G2553 micro, I eventually found this library which works

https://github.com/astuder/MSP430-sharp-LS013B4DN02-memory-display

Note to others... make sure you know which version you have

SHARPMemLCDTxt display;       // configured for 43oh BoosterPack

versus

SHARPMemLCDTxt display(6,5);  // configured for official TI BoosterPack

and comment out the one you don't use. There is also other code provided which is commented out that may be applicable.