Forum sending old emails Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Genesisfactor

Where can i get CC2650 Sensortag stock firmware to use with devpack?

I have a new Sensortag 2015, and the update i did to the LCD pack rendered it pretty useless.  I want to flash it back to stock.  I have CCS and evothings installed.  May someone please provide me with the code to flash my Sensortag back to stock?  Would really appreciate the assist.

Thanks so much!!!

I have a new Sensortag 2015, and the update i did to the LCD pack rendered it pretty useless.  I want to flash it back to stock.  I have CCS and evothings installed.  May someone please provide me with the code to flash my Sensortag back to stock?  Would really appreciate the assist.

Thanks so much!!!

It will be in the ble stack 2 download. All the links are in this blog entry.

Also..the SensorTag can be reversed back to the default firmware by holding the power + user button for 6 seconds.

It will be in the ble stack 2 download. All the links are in this blog entry.

Also..the SensorTag can be reversed back to the default firmware by holding the power + user button for 6 seconds.

Thanks so much, bluehash!  I'll try it when i get home.  Excited to start playing with it again--its been down for a month :( and i just am getting back to it.

Another question: any word on the microphone and accessing it? 

Thanks so much, bluehash!  I'll try it when i get home.  Excited to start playing with it again--its been down for a month :( and i just am getting back to it.

I haven't seen any code for the microphone yet.

I haven't written any code for it yet, but I did some digging into the documentation and it's an interesting bit of kit :)

Some useful documents are here:

http://www.knowles.com/eng/content/download/5990/105795/version/1/file/SPH0641LU4H-1.pdf (datasheet)

http://media.digikey.com/Resources/Knowles/knowles-sisonic-design-guide.pdf (see section 2.2.4: PDM Digital SiSonic)

http://curiouser.cheshireeng.com/2014/10/21/introduction-to-mems-microphones/ (general overview)

https://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/precisionhub/archive/2015/01/21/delta-sigma-adc-basics-understanding-the-delta-sigma-modulator (overview of delta-sigma modulution)

To summarise, instead of providing an analog output which can be read with an ADC, it includes an internal delta-sigma modulator and outputs a PDM bitstream. To use it you need to feed it a clock and read the resulting bitstream, which I think can be done using the SSI peripheral (or maybe it's the I2S one). Then you'll probably want to convert the PDM bitstream into PCM at a sampling resolution and frequency of your choice, which can be done with a digital low-pass filter.

Okay, so i tried several things with varying degrees of failure. :)

- the 6 second hold, and all it did was reset the device with the same 41 services

- I used CCS to flash the device with a sensortag project.  I should have checked it was an empty project.  Nothing showed up.  HOWEVER i could connect the sensortag to the app again without the app crashing!  39 Services, so it was changed.

- I tried to flash it via the app back to factory firmware, but it said OAD flashed as the device External FLASH self test failed and it cannot do OAD on this device.  The debugger was not connected at the time.

- I tried the SmartRF programmer 2 with the sensortag Hex, and after some tweaking, it uploads the image, but it gives same error above when I try to update the firmware. 

I'd love some guidance on how to make ANY of these work with these challenges...

Thanks again!

I'm sure you did this.. but make sure your android/ios app is updated to the latest... then try to do an OAD from the app after a factory reset.

Very important thing is to check your battery. I would just replace them.. or connect the tag to an external power supply.

If all fails, you may need to login to the red site for help from the TI guys.

I'm sure you did this.. but make sure your android/ios app is updated to the latest... then try to do an OAD from the app after a factory reset.

Very important thing is to check your battery. I would just replace them.. or connect the tag to an external power supply.

If all fails, you may need to login to the red site for help from the TI guys.

Hooray, i'm walking the path of wisdom.  I did a fresh reinstall of the app and  realized my battery was dying yesterday, and swapped that out too (i should have mentioned it).

I think my initial problem was the firmware image had the wrong version on it, crashing the app, as i read others having that problem.  Right now, i have downloaded everything that others have...i just don't seem to have the same file others have.  I also don't know why my External flash self test is failing.  that is new to me.  The one thing i can think of is if someone sends me the correct hex file.  I'm about to try and use the TI Cloud CCS and see if they have sample code for me to use there that i didn't get somehow.  I'll do the red site next :).