GeekDoc

Share pics of your workspace setup

Well, I have a cheap $10, 30W one from Wal*mart, and it's fine enough for what I do at home... though I wish the tip was a bit finer. Just saying, eventually I'd like to have some professional quality stuff (I built my own helping hands...).

...Wellers are a bit overrated and overpriced.

I agree that Weller is no better than most, but when you get one for free, you don't complain! :D

I also vote that a hot air re-flow station is more worth the money. :-)
If it helps, I have the AOYUE 2901 from Sparkfun. Its more than enough for what I do at home.

Now I'm jealous! I would LOVE to have a hot air re-work/re-flow station! I tried to make a cheap DIY one that I saw on the intarwebs, but it didn't work at all. I have to make-do with my fine-pointed Weller and a quickly depleting supply of patience.

-Doc

Attached is a pic of my current setup. There are many things not pictured, which I leave in a drawer when I'm not using them, such as my soldering iron and helping hands.

This is my current (and at the moment, best) workspace. I'm at college right now, so I'm cramped for space, but not as much as I am at home. This actually works wonderfully for me.

And yes, a lot of my equipment came from Wal*mart. I'm cheap, but it works for now. :D

post-63-135135491613_thumb.jpg

Oh, and the font size indicates importance in the creative process :P (Yes, I value my lamps that highly... my desk is pitch black at night without them.)

I feel lucky, i use my whole living room for my workspace, and my kitchen as my soldering station.

hopefully i will have a pic up soon, but have to setup my new, vintage conar model 255 Oscilloscope

I use it to keep track of homework and appointments, and sometimes I try to schedule in time for other things. MSPhere has been written in there a few times :P

It's not a whole day planner, just a "I need to do this" weekly planner kind of thing.

lol i should have put it in a panorama, with my couch and coffee table as well lol

my whole floor is covered with datasheets and bread boards and things yet to be taken apart, not shown

Doc,

No need to be jealous. I don't have a hot air gun, I just wish I did :-P. For those of you who are wondering, the convection over/solder paste trick actually does work if your careful.

And gatesphere. I saw that Rubiks cube in there! :-P

NJC