Forum sending old emails Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tripwire

CC2650 SensorTag TMP007: Does it work?

I'm running the BLE stack 2.1 SensorTag and SensorTagStack sample projects, but the TMP007 temperature sensor doesn't work. It fails to acknowledge the I2C address. I'm running the sensortag from a 3.3V supply, so it's not the battery voltage dropping out.

Is anyone else getting the same problem, or is it only my SensorTag that's misbehaving?

EDIT: Rewrote the post and title because it's only the TMP007 that's not working. The HDC1000 fails the sensorHdc1000Test on startup, but after that it seems fine.

I'm running the BLE stack 2.1 SensorTag and SensorTagStack sample projects, but the TMP007 temperature sensor doesn't work. It fails to acknowledge the I2C address. I'm running the sensortag from a 3.3V supply, so it's not the battery voltage dropping out.

Is anyone else getting the same problem, or is it only my SensorTag that's misbehaving?

EDIT: Rewrote the post and title because it's only the TMP007 that's not working. The HDC1000 fails the sensorHdc1000Test on startup, but after that it seems fine.

Was it working with the earlier BLE stack? I have mine at work with the old firmware. Will let you know tomorrow.

Was it working with the earlier BLE stack? I have mine at work with the old firmware. Will let you know tomorrow.

I just checked it on BLE stack 2.0, and I've also previously tried the TI-RTOS i2ctmp006_cc26xx* sample. Both gave the same result: no acknowledgement from the sensor.

* Although that sample was written for the TMP006 the code should work equally well on TMP007

I've confirmed that the problem was specific to my SensorTag.

As well as ignoring I2C the chip appeared to have some physical damage to the corners (just visible under magnification). I also had an unexplained current draw of about 4mA that was making the coin cell go flat in a day or two. That seemed likely to be caused by the TMP007, and since it since it didn't work anyway I decided to desolder it.

Sure enough the 4mA mystery load vanished. I guess it was either shorting out internally or the missing corners had ended up bridging the contacts under the chip.