43oh

Energia sensor code and library examples

I'm attaching a link to github with Energia code examples for various sensors.  I started this as a place to put examples for students in a course I was helping to develop for middle and high school level students using the MSP430F5529.  Unfortunately the course was not held but I'm putting them out there in the hope they might help someone.  Where the code has been tested with other LaunchPads I've noted it.

Here it is:  https://github.com/fmilburn3?tab=repositories

You won't find anything sophisticated  :)  but many are at least somewhat unique in that I couldn't find an example for that sensor tailored specifically for the F5529, or I wanted to better document it for beginners.  Essentially all are variants of work done by others, including work on 43oh, and I hope I've recognized the contribution in the code.  There is a wiki associated with some that has the schematic and photographs.  There is some other example code that is almost complete - e.g. using small DC motors and servos and I might add them.  Here is a list of sensors and devices currently out there:

• CNY70 - used as a proximity switch
  • CNY70 - used as a tachometer
  • MCP41010 - digital pot
  • HC-SR04 - distance sensor
  • 3 watt high intensity LED
  • MAX4466 -sound level
  • I2C LCD (4x20) and (2x16)
  • HC-SR501 - PIR movement detection
  • SW-180xxP - vibration sensor
  • Joystick
  • PFatFs - compiles and runs on the F5529
  • Hall effect rainfall sensor
  • TMP36 - temperature
  • Sharp GPf1S53VJ000F - photo interrupter
  • Using low power modes (LPM) in Energia
  • TCS3200 Color Sensor using MSP432           *** added 8/8/15
  • DS1307 Real Time Clock (RTC) Module         *** added 8/9/15
  • INA125P Instrumentation Amplifier                *** added 10/9/15
  • MCP3008 ADC                                            *** added 10/12/15
  • TLC5615 DAC                                              *** added 11/30/15
  • dAISy MarineTraffic shore station w/ CC3200  ** added 12/16/15
  • AD9850 Frequency Generator                        ** added 1/20/16
  • FFT                                                             ** added 1/20/16
  • Rotary encoder                                            ** added 1/23/16
  • W5500 Ethernet                                          ** added 3/25/16
  • MSP430G2955 pins_energia.h                   ** added 3/25/16
  • DriverLib examples for F5529                     ** added 8/16
  • Infrared Transmission                                ** added 12/16
  • WS2812 LEDs using SPI                          ** added 12/16
  • Battery measurement                               ** added 1/17
  • Finite State Machine - alarm system          ** added 2/6/17
  • Using RTC module with Energia - F5529     ** added 2/24/17
  • RCWL-0516 "doppler radar microwave motion sensor module"     ** added 6/6/17
  • Vary time a LED stays lit with potentiometer  ** added 7/8/17

@@Lgbeno, @@bluehash - thanks for the feedback

Cool, I'm interested in the sound level sensor. I'd like to make an IoT SPL meter to bring to football games!

That is a fun idea to make the sensor IoT and portable for sporting events.  Maybe put it in a hat to hide it and have LEDs that get brighter or change color for local display when the noise goes up?  The sensor I'm using from Adafruit is easy to setup and you can adjust the gain which is useful.  Shouldn't be hard to build your own either....

@@Lgbeno, @@bluehash - thanks for the feedback

That is a fun idea to make the sensor IoT and portable for sporting events.  Maybe put it in a hat to hide it and have LEDs that get brighter or change color for local display when the noise goes up?  The sensor I'm using from Adafruit is easy to setup and you can adjust the gain which is useful.  Shouldn't be hard to build your own either....

I think that there would be interest in that.  Personally I wouldn't want to draw that attention to myself butI would like to correlate intensity of the crown sounds with events that occur in the football game.  For example the roar during critical plays, touchdowns, interceptions, etc.

I'd probably make it connect to a smart phone, I've done quite a bit of expiration with BLE lately.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Dipendra said:

Hi !

I am interfacing DHT22 sensor with Tm4c123(TivaC). and then I want to display on LCD. Can you help me out with the code?I am new on tivac so i am not understanding how to start with this code.

DHT22_energia.ino

Welcome to 43oh.

Please start a new topic. Posting in different threads is not going to help. Also list what you have tried and what you do not understand. See the rules on the Energia sub-forum.