Forum sending old emails Read more... ×
Lgbeno

New MSP430 Wireless Sensor Node

Can I get two?

David

Sure can! I started a group buy thread and added your name.  Then PM me your address.

I have 4 alpha units right now and 6 more purples betas due in next week.  I'm expecting Blue betas to arrive from Elecrow around the end of the month.

The difference between Alpha and beta is the connector pin out.  I moved a power and ground pin to be more compatible with the Lauchpad connector.  Which ones would you like?

A few questions:

- are the group buy for kits or completed units? (I'm not comfortable with soldering those small surfacemount components yet)

- does these nodes depend on (require) anlog.io or any other online service?

- what kind of "collector" / ground station can I use to communicate with these nodes?

I tried my best, but couldn't find answers to these in the thread. sorry if I missed something.

These are great questions!

A few questions:

- are the group buy for kits or completed units? (I'm not comfortable with soldering those small surfacemount components yet)

These will come as fully assembled and tested units. No soldering skillz required.

- does these nodes depend on (require) anlog.io or any other online service?.

Analog.io is 100% optional, just like when using nRF24 radios you can setup nodes to talk to one another simply by having one in Rx mode and another in Tx Mode.

- what kind of "collector" / ground station can I use to communicate with these nodes?.

If you have two units, one can be programming as a collector and another as a "remote transmitter". You could then write code to interact with the collector over the Launchpads serial connection.

I hope that helps, you may want to look at the sample code and you could get more of a feel for how programming would work.

http://forum.43oh.com/index.php?/topic/8824-BLE-Beacon-library-for-Nordic-nRF24-%26-HopeRF-RF75-RF73

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my sample last Friday and had a chance to play with it over the weekend.  It was very easy to get going and worked seamlessly with the nRF24L01.  I didn't do a rigorous test but the range seems to be at least equal to the nRF24L01.  The Bluetooth LE broadcast example also worked without a hitch.  The design is compact (not much bigger than the single AA battery that powers it) and there is still easy access to pins.  Nice work...

Congrats @Lgbeno !!! :D

You made it into the 2015 Hackaday Prize Semifinals !

http://hackaday.com/2015/08/24/100-semifinalists-for-the-2015-hackaday-prize/#more-167134

Thanks :) I'm very excited to move to the next level! Also very grateful for to support in this forum and hope that it continues!

Some more good news:

43f0947ff4d6810249de3b85a90781f2.jpg

I'm headed out of town tonight for business but for sure tomorrow night I'm firing up the toaster ovens!!

I would be happy to pre-order when ready. Also hope there is a user manual and examples that come with it.

Cool, I actually shipped out the first 10 units today so I can turn orders fairly quick. I'm putting together docs as well but they are not complete yet.

Two things that I have so far are:

RF library with examples: https://github.com/analog-io/analog_io_lib

Info on getting the board setup in the energia environment: https://github.com/analog-io/iot_sensor_node

Sometimes I'm just totally blown away by how far embedded development has come in terms of ease of use. I spent the evening tinkering with porting to library to ESP8266, just a few hours later with some pretty easy to read code, it was working :)

Soon sensor nodes will be able to connect to the internet through this bridge :)

https://hackaday.io/project/4648-analogio-a-full-stack-iot-platform/log/24297-nrf24-esp8266-hub-development

@Lgbeno:

It's cool to see your passion for electronics, the server and the overall whole system design.

Good job Luke!

I would be happy to pre-order when ready.  Also hope there is a user manual and examples that come with it.

Sorry, I missed your message.  PM me if you are still interested.