rampadc

Concurrently debugging multiple boards

There was a question posted in the forums with this question about 2 years ago but the given answer didn't answer the question so I'm gonna post it again.

Is there a way to make CCS debug 2 boards at the same time or have another tool that will debug 2 boards at a time? I'm doing a RF system and I'd like to look at the expressions at breakpoints (Refresh mode) for both boards while they're RX-ing and TX-ing. UART with printf is rather useless as it introduces time delay and can cause the RX side to miss out packets. 

If you have one "workspace" for one board, and another "workspace" for the other board, you could start two instances of CCS with one instance tied to one workspace and the other tied to the other.

Whether this accomplishes your goal, I do not know.

The boards are Olimex's MSP430-CCRF (CC430F5137) and I'm using MSP430F5529LP as programmers and debuggers. I have to use CCS and I'm really hopping to not having to resort to using 2 workspaces, not sure if that would work but really wishing that it wouldn't come to that.

UART with printf is rather useless as it introduces time delay and can cause the RX side to miss out packets. 

For 5xx high speed debugging I am using UART on 4 Mbps, or mailbox (unfortunately not supported by TI tools). In both cases, device just sending log data (without interrupts) to PC terminal.

The boards are Olimex's MSP430-CCRF (CC430F5137) and I'm using MSP430F5529LP as programmers and debuggers. I have to use CCS and I'm really hopping to not having to resort to using 2 workspaces, not sure if that would work but really wishing that it wouldn't come to that.

A single instance of CCS can only target one device. Need to work with two devices? Then two instances.

I suppose it's possible to start two CCS instances in one workspace, and open project "A" with one and project "B" with the other, but I haven't tried that. I usually create a new workspace for each thing I'm working on, and I name the workspace accordingly.

Pretty sad I'd suppose. I'm gonna go with jazz's suggestion with upping the UART baud rate and see how that fares. 

EDIT: Hey @@jazz, what do you mean by mailbox?

Mailbox is used for exchanging data (word / double word) by SBW / JTAG lines, without extra connection.

On picture in post #72 http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2972-sbw-msp430f550x-based-programmer/?p=53730

you can see dual CDC-UART bridge in action.

On picture in next post (#73) you can see dual CDC-Mailbox bridge in action.