Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

Ethertronics Antenna

Free for @radiohead award group and above >100 reputation members.

Others, just pay shipping($2 domestic, $3.5 International). One of my colleagues got this in a trade show. It is just sitting on my table. Might be of use to someone. This will probably fit the CC3200 Launchpad is you need increased range. @@jpnorair can chime in. I'm no good in antenna design.

Bundle and save with stuff from my downsizing thread.

WP_20150717_15_16_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20150717_15_17_45_Pro.jpg

I'm not sure what it is, apart from the fact that it's an antenna designed to fit into some particular enclosure.  You'll need to attach the little grommet to your board's ground.  If you don't have a proper connector for this, you can just cut it off and solder directly.

@@bluehash Assuming this is standard 2.4ghz fare?

Really not sure. I tried to find the part number, but could not find it.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv965=55&pv965=46&FV=fff40036%2Cfff80436&k=ethertronics&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=500

If you really need it, it's yours.

Ethertronics makes some chip antennas, but they also do a lot of custom antenna design work.  This could be a custom part for some product.  

@@bluehash Thanks for the attempt to clarify the frequency of operation. Also, thanks for the offer of the unit but I will defer to someone else who may need it and, perhaps more importantly, has the equipment/expertise to test it.