43oh

SDcard with MSP430F5529

Hello @@Leinad89mlg

In the thread @@bluehash gave above is a posting on  22 February 2014 - 03:47 AM by Thorvard.  The post explains that for the F5529 you must rename all "DIR" references in the Petit-FATFS library and example for it to work.  This is due to "DIR" already being defined in the F5529 version of Energia.  I've renamed all references to DIR in my library and it compiles for me.  I'm waiting for my SD to arrive so I can test it further.  Hope this works for you....

Thank you for your reply Fmilburn

I've renamed all references to DIR but the code won't compile.

The new error is as follows:

SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::DLY100U()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7DLY100UEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::DLY100U()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7DLY100UEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::SPI_SEND(unsigned char)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS8SPI_SENDEh+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::SPI_SEND(unsigned char)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS8SPI_SENDEh+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::SPI_RECEIVE()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS11SPI_RECEIVEEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::SPI_RECEIVE()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS11SPI_RECEIVEEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::CS_READ()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7CS_READEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::CS_READ()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7CS_READEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS2CSE+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::CS'
pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS2CSE+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::CS_HIGH()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7CS_HIGHEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::CS_HIGH()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7CS_HIGHEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::CS_LOW()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS6CS_LOWEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::CS_LOW()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS6CS_LOWEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::PFFS()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFSC2Ev+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::PFFS()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFSC2Ev+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::SPI_SET_DIVIDER(unsigned char)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS15SPI_SET_DIVIDEREh+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::SPI_SET_DIVIDER(unsigned char)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS15SPI_SET_DIVIDEREh+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::disk_init()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS9disk_initEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::disk_init()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS9disk_initEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o:(.data._clkdivider+0x0): multiple definition of `_clkdivider'
pfatfs.cpp.o:(.data._clkdivider+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::mount(FATFS*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5mountEP5FATFS+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::mount(FATFS*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5mountEP5FATFS+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::begin(unsigned char, unsigned char)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5beginEhh+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::begin(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5beginEhh+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS9fatfs_objE+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::fatfs_obj'
pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS9fatfs_objE+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS7dir_objE+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::dir_obj'
pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS7dir_objE+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::begin(unsigned char)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5beginEh+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::begin(unsigned char)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5beginEh+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::open(char const*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4openEPKc+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::open(char const*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4openEPKc+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::read(void*, unsigned short, unsigned short*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4readEPvtPt+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::read(void*, unsigned short, unsigned short*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4readEPvtPt+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::write(void const*, unsigned short, unsigned short*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5writeEPKvtPt+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::write(void const*, unsigned short, unsigned short*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5writeEPKvtPt+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::close()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5closeEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::close()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5closeEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::lseek(unsigned long)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5lseekEm+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::lseek(unsigned long)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5lseekEm+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::opendir(_DIR*, char const*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7opendirEP4_DIRPKc+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::opendir(_DIR*, char const*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7opendirEP4_DIRPKc+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::opendir(char const*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7opendirEPKc+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::opendir(char const*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7opendirEPKc+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::opendir()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7opendirEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::opendir()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7opendirEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::readdir(_DIR*, FILINFO*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7readdirEP4_DIRP7FILINFO+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::readdir(_DIR*, FILINFO*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7readdirEP4_DIRP7FILINFO+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::readdir(FILINFO*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7readdirEP7FILINFO+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::readdir(FILINFO*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7readdirEP7FILINFO+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::readdir()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7readdirEv+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::readdir()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS7readdirEv+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::gets(char*, unsigned short)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4getsEPct+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::gets(char*, unsigned short)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4getsEPct+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::fputc(char)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5fputcEc+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::fputc(char)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS5fputcEc+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::puts(char const*)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4putsEPKc+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::puts(char const*)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS4putsEPKc+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::printf(char const*, ...)':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS6printfEPKcz+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::printf(char const*, ...)'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFS6printfEPKcz+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss.FatFs+0x0): multiple definition of `FatFs'
pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss.FatFs+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS3fnoE+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::fno'
pfatfs.cpp.o:(.bss._ZN4PFFS3fnoE+0x0): first defined here
SDCardTutorialWithEnergia\pfatfs.cpp.o: In function `PFFS::PFFS()':
pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFSC2Ev+0x0): multiple definition of `PFFS::PFFS()'
pfatfs.cpp.o:pfatfs.cpp:(.text._ZN4PFFSC2Ev+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can you send me your Petit-FATFS library please ?? I am desperate ... 

:(

@@Leinad89mlg

Here is a link:  https://github.com/fmilburn3/PFatFs - you should download and use all of the files here associated with PFatFs since I can't remember which ones I changed.

I've not been able to test it but it compiles for me.  The only thing I did was to change all instances of "DIR" to "DIRECT".  So remember that when you instantiate something.  It is a less than satisfactory fix but hopefully works - let me know if it does.

• 2 months later...

Hi ! I download it noticed that using this library the code really compiles well. But I would like to know if you got succeed writing something in the SD Card. The Serial Monitor shows me an error message with rc = 6. I am using the same uC as you, MSP430F5529 - LaunchPad. 

Thank you very much !

@@WilliamMacedo

It has apparently worked for others - I never got a chance to test the code I posted above with the F5529.  According to previous threads rc = 6 can result from  different causes.  Try reading through the thread from bluehash posted above and also this tutorial if you haven't already done so.  Good luck...