Charlie

Tutorial 1 - Blinking LED Error

Hello everyone!

I have just bought a C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad Evaluation Kit, de LAUNCHXL - F28027F. I have also just started learning to program in Energia, and I am following the tutorials in the guide section (they are very useful if someone is a beginer).

While I was doing the first tutorial (Blinking LED), it appeared this error:

"Put C2000 LaunchPad switches (S1) ON-OFF-OFF (UP-DOWN-DOWN), ensure the back channel serial connection is enabled, and press the reset button.  If the download fails try a baud rate below 38400."

I put the switches as it says, and I also decreased the baud rte to 10000, but the error does not disappear. Moreover, I only changed 1 line of code because I haven't got the same board as the example, so I can't understand what I am doing wrong.

Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance!

PS: I copy the main code I have in my sketch, and also upload it.

void setup()                     
{
  Serial.begin(10000);            
  pinMode(LED0, OUTPUT);           
}

void loop()                      
{
  digitalWrite(LED0, HIGH);        
  delay(1000);                    
  digitalWrite(LED0, LOW);        
  delay(1000);
}

prova1.ino

Hi! I am having the exact same problem. Sometimes when pressing the reset button for a while before clicking "OK" and then uploading the program again it seems to work, but most of the times it simply doesn't. @@Charlie, were you able to fix the problem by now?

With Energia 16, speed seems to have been modified down to 9600... but the serial_loader2000 utility doesn't have the right permissions for executable on Mac OS X.

bash -c /Applications/IDE/Energia.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/c2000/serial_loader2000/macos/serial_loader2000 -f /var/folders/5d/dky9xc691m32kztqnhkn8bhw0000gn/T/build3228823265398983200.tmp/Blink.cpp.txt -k /Applications/IDE/Energia.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/c2000/F28027_flash_kernel/Debug/flash_kernel.txt -b 9600 -p /dev/tty.usbserial-cc3200B 

bash: /Applications/IDE/Energia.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/c2000/serial_loader2000/macos/serial_loader2000: Permission denied

Open a Terminal window and run to make it executable.

sudo chmod +X /Applications/IDE/Energia.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/c2000/serial_loader2000/macos/serial_loader2000