43oh

Hi,

I think CC1120EMK is a BoosterPack and can be connected directly to MSP-EXP430FR5969. is it necessary to use BOOST-CCEMADAPTER?

Sorry the adaptor is required. Wireless kits use a different connector standard based on 1mm headers instead of 2.54mm headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A typical duty cycle for a WSN endpoint is between 0.1% and 1%.  Yes, it can be lower if you are doing only transmissions at scheduled intervals, but this is not very functional.  I don't know if you

Check out http://forum.43oh.com/index.php?/topic/8274-Cheap-solar-battery-%2B-wireless-IoT-node     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that there is little to no overlap between CC1120 and CC1101.   CC430 has the same radio core as CC1101 afaik     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS is free too, dont worry about IAR. You need to control code size by writing writing efficient code regardless of compiler.

How much research have you done on this project?

What is your background/education?

Hi,

I just simulated my protocol by ns2 and omnet. I have good background about C language and assembly language. Don't worry I can optimize that code as far  as it goes. But, I expect my proposed protocol will be large in size because there is a trade off between communication and computation and I emphasized on computation. This is a first time for me to use microcontroller.

Hi,

I just simulated my protocol by ns2 and omnet. I have good background about C language and assembly language. Don't worry I can optimize that code as far  as it goes. But, I expect my proposed protocol will be large in size because there is a trade off between communication and computation and I emphasized on computation. This is a first time for me to use microcontroller.

I think that the only path forward is to get started :)  You'll find out quickly what needs to be optimized and what is "good enough"

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Lastly, I decided to use MSP-EXP430FR5569 with CC1200.

Do I need BOOST-CCEMADAPTER for connecting both modules?

[\quote]

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but you will need to read the user guides to be sure. Look at matching the pinouts through the schematics.

If I need to connect sensors to the Launchpad, which item should be ordered?

Sorry can't help, you're on your own here.

The datasheet of MSP-EXP430FR5969 doesn't refer to the wireless conectivity feature for this launchpad.

The FR5969 LaunchPad is compatible with all 20-pin BoosterPacks. I'm no sure of the number of pins for cc1200 and cc1120 boosterPacks.

I should be more specific, read the adaptor DS and Radio DS. If you trace through the schematics you'll see where the pins end up. Then verity these are the correct pins on the launchpad.

I think it will all work out but if you want to be certain, thats what you need to do

• 2 weeks later...

I expect the size of resulted code will be about 50 KB. Which free option I have to program the MSP-EXP430FR5969 kit under Linux (gcc , CCS, ...)?

There is a download restriction on  my country from TI. is there any alternative site to download from?  

• 3 months later...