43oh

MSP432 Serial Libraries

Hi,

I just got started on programming the MSP432, and I'm looking to use it as a data logger. The sensor I'm using uses serial communication, and I was trying to set up another set of Rx/Tx pins on the board, preferably through Hardware, but software could work too. However, I couldn't find any guides to setting up the hardware serial pins, nor the software serial pins for the MSP432; all the softwareserial.h libraries I found are for the MSP430's and wouldn't compile on the MSP432 board setting in Energia. If someone could lead me in the right direction, that'd be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got started on programming the MSP432, and I'm looking to use it as a data logger. The sensor I'm using uses serial communication, and I was trying to set up another set of Rx/Tx pins on the board, preferably through Hardware, but software could work too. However, I couldn't find any guides to setting up the hardware serial pins, nor the software serial pins for the MSP432; all the softwareserial.h libraries I found are for the MSP430's and wouldn't compile on the MSP432 board setting in Energia. If someone could lead me in the right direction, that'd be much appreciated.

Hey Chris, did you end up figuring this out? I've spent a few days working through serial with the msp432 and think I have a bit of understanding. Let me know if you're still stuck and I could do a bit of a writeup.

Hey Sam,

I found a bit of a workaround by removing the Rx jumper on the board and connecting the Tx of the sensor directly to that, but I am definitely interested in a workaround around this if possible. Thanks a bunch!

Hey Sam,

I found a bit of a workaround by removing the Rx jumper on the board and connecting the Tx of the sensor directly to that, but I am definitely interested in a workaround around this if possible. Thanks a bunch!

Hey Chris - I've written up my notes on using the serial modules on my blog: http://www.samlewis.me/2015/05/using-msp432-eUSCI/ . It's mostly just an exercise in extrapolating from TI's documentation but hopefully it's useful for you! Let me know if you have any questions!