bluehash

$10 2.4" Color LCD Nextion: a cost-effective high-performance TFT HM

On Indiegogo. I got the $10 one. Worth a try for that price. 260 remaining when I ordered mine.

Nextion: a cost-effective high-performance TFT HMI

nextion_hmi_lcd_color_2.4inch.jpg

This solution includes hardware part - a series of TFT boards and software part - Nextion editor.  Nextion TFT board uses only one serial port to do communicating. Let you get rid of the wiring trouble. We notice that most engineers spend much time in application development but get unpleasant results. In this situation, Nextion editor has mass components such as button, text, progress bar, slider, instrument panel etc. to enrich your interface design. And the drag-and-drop function ensures that you spend less time in programming, which will reduce your 99% development workloads. With the help of this WYSIWYG editor, GUI designing is a piece of cake.

Just thought about this.

If any member wants in on this, I can help sponsor you one. The one catch being you need to have above 80 in reputation points. First come, first serve.

This is for the $10 one only. Also, make sure you share what you did with it.

Interesting....

It seems, though, you're paying for the software more so than the hardware? 2.4" TFT with touch are $2-3 USD on ebay.

Their pricing seems 'weird' too... as in from $10 to $18 gets you the 2.4" and they don't list any differentiation between what you pay and what you get... well other than one is "unregistered" airmail and the other is "registered" airmail. $5-8 for a tracking number? What does the 15 versus 18 get you?

$10: Nextion 2.4 for Early Bird Change Perk

Be the first to get Nextion 2.4''! It is free shipping by unregistered airmail. Expected 15-20 days to arrive at your place.

247 out of 500 claimed

$15 Nextion 2.4" for Lucky Dog Change Perk

Nextion 2.4'' will be shipped in registered airmail from HK. It is expected 15-20 days to arrive at your place

4 out of 1000 claimed

$18: Nextion 2.4" Indiegogo pricing Change Perk

Nextion 2.4'' will be shipped in registered airmail from HK. It is expected 15-20 days to arrive at your place.

2 out of 3000 claimed

It's like Arduino I guess, or even a bit like Salaea. The software matters, also it's not just the LCD, it's the driver and all the extra components.

I ordered mine. In this case they just ship it when the kickstarter ends, correct?

The reference in smart screens is 4D Systems with the ViSi-Genie environment I've reviewed. The 4D Workshop IDE allows to draw the interfaces on a PC and then upload it to the screen. 

But the price is quite different !  Would you like to review this unbelievable cheap price smart screen as well ?!

Doing everything over UART is supposed to be a draw too, right?

What do you mean @@Druzyek? You can download code to the TFT using a serial cable or an SDcard. All the graphic elements are stored on the card?/LCD. You can probably send values to the LCD to update certain parameters. Not sure how that is done yet.

It's really cool! I couldn't resist. But I dont understand this:

$30 USD

Nextion 4.3" for Lucky Dog
Nextion 4.3'' will be shipped in registered airmaill from HK. It is expected 15-20 days to arrive at your place
$35 USD
Nextion 4.3" Indiegogo Pricing
Nextion 4.3'' will be shipped in registered airmail from HK. It is expected 15-20 days to arrive at your place

What's the difference??