43oh

i2c Energia Wire lib don't work (Launchpad connected with pcf8576 lcd 10d)

many thanks to you. indeed it's no address 0x70 but 0x38. you really cool.you. you have a flair for bugs. I spent a week still did not understand, and in 5 minutes told why. why is this not recorded in the library reference wire.h. why do I have so little brains God sent aaaaaaaaaa Huge thanks also to all the other participants! Sowtware I2C work!

Maybe it should be, yeah... I2C is a nice protocol IMO but it can be a squirrely little pain in the butt :D

• 1 month later...

I disconnected my lcd from launchpad   i2c_scanner Arduino  get the same result :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Scanning...

I2C device found at address 0x01  !
I2C device found at address 0x02  !
I2C device found at address 0x03  !
I2C device found at address 0x04  !
I2C device found at address 0x05  !
I2C device found at address 0x06  !
I2C device found at address 0x07  !
I2C device found at address 0x08  !
I2C device fo

Hi Taketa, at first your code scanner is wrong, I wrote a similar code and does the same problem, if you do not write something to bus just begin and end transmission doesn't write to bus and return forever 0, another error was to be added if no payload was in the middle of begin-end transmission. I am not so expert on Energia Library so for now investigation and learning are on my side. I am just using as a teaching support so not all my time got here.

When you add Wire.write() take care jumper on led is removed, I2C seems working but stuck.

Also check if your device is connected as you think, I bought an I2C LCD from Ebay but was connected on a different manner from it where on Library.

Your code for LCD is no description of your application than LCD controller PCF8576, more word about can be of help to other wish help you in some way.

Regards