43oh

CC3200 example for HD44780 LCD

Hello, I have being working on getting a 20x4 LCD (HD44780) working on the CC3200 launchpad and have not been able to get it working.  I have found a few posts with partial code and partial libraries but have not been able to find an SPI or I2C example that works.

Does anyone have a working implementation of the HD44780 on the CC3200 in either I2C, Serial or SPI mode?

This is seems to be the closest I have found ( https://github.com/remixed123/CC3200-hd44780-lcd ) ... but  I am unable to get it working.  If anyone has been able to get this working, could you send me a simple "hello world" example.

Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions.

John

Hello, I have being working on getting a 20x4 LCD (HD44780) working on the CC3200 launchpad and have not been able to get it working.  I have found a few posts with partial code and partial libraries but have not been able to find an SPI or I2C example that works.

Does anyone have a working implementation of the HD44780 on the CC3200 in either I2C, Serial or SPI mode?

This is seems to be the closest I have found ( https://github.com/remixed123/CC3200-hd44780-lcd ) ... but  I am unable to get it working.  If anyone has been able to get this working, could you send me a simple "hello world" example.

Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions.

John

Welcome!

The guy who wrote that code is also here - @@Remixed123

Anyway, do you have scope to check the CLK clock?

How about the display, is it 5V or 3.3V. The CC3200 has 3.3V I/O.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have reached out to @Remixed123 to see if he can assist.

As for a scope .... unfortunately I don't have one handy, I have however ordered one which is about 6 weeks away.

The LCD is a 5V display, but I had read that it 'should' work with the 3.3v CC3200 ... perhaps this is not the case.  Hopefully @Remixed123 can confirm how he was able to get it working.