43oh

Cannot start Energia-0101E0015

I have downloaded and extracted energia-0101E0015-windows.zip. When I try to run energia.exe the following message is given:

post-699-0-55864000-1427463144_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, this message is not very informative, so I don't know what is the cause of the problem. I have no such problem with the earlier versions of Energia (including versions 9 - 12).

Finally I could find the exact symptom:

Energia 15 could not start if the Energia/libraries folder (located in my user Documents directory) contains anything from my previous developments. It starts however, when that folder is empty.

Similar problems were reported in the case of the Arduino IDE 1.0.x and 1.6.x as well. See in this forum: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=167553.0

Thank you for your attention!

That's an odd one. Could you post a list of libraries (or attach them in a zip file) so that I can look into this?

It is very strange, but now I cannot reproduce the problem. As I have removed or reinstalled several software packages (including JDK, development environments for different microcontrollers etc) in the past days I guess, that it was just a misfortunate interference between different versions of Java or virtual COM drivers. In the Arduino forum I linked above several possible reasons are mentioned.