43oh

How do I program a TM4C1294NCPDT microcontroller?

For a project I'm working on, I'm trying to use a TM4C1294NCPDT microcontroller on a custom PCB board. Does anyone know how I would program the chip once received? aka how do you program this microcontroller without it being on a launchpad? I've never done this before so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

For a project I'm working on, I'm trying to use a TM4C1294NCPDT microcontroller on a custom PCB board. Does anyone know how I would program the chip once received? aka how do you program this microcontroller without it being on a launchpad? I've never done this before so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

@@zennoux Welcome to 43oh!

There are multiple ways to program the TM4c1294 when off chip.

• You can use a JTAG
  • You can use the factory bootloader that comes with the chip. Bootloading can be done via I2C, SPI, UART, CAN as well as USB. This particular one does not seem to have USB, but you can use the others.

@@zennoux Welcome to 43oh!

There are multiple ways to program the TM4c1294 when off chip.

• You can use a JTAG
  • You can use the factory bootloader that comes with the chip. Bootloading can be done via I2C, SPI, UART, CAN as well as USB. This particular one does not seem to have USB, but you can use the others.

If do don't already have the Tiva C Conected LaunchPad then I suggest you get one. It's the easiest way to get started playing around with the microcontroller.

You should also be able to use the on-board debugger to debug and program your own custom board. I can see the JTAG connections between the debugger and microcontroller are broken out. There's normally a way to disconnect the two. (I'll check for you later how exactly to do this.) Otherwise the XDS100 or XDS200 (more expensive) are designed for the job.