43oh

C2000 Launchpad questions

Hi,

Looking at buying the C2000 Launchpad however I have two questions.

First is I understand some jumpers are missing, the link on TI to suitable jumpers leads to a place that ships from the US and I am in the UK. Would these work from a more local source ? http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=CN14485

Also would there be something from cpc/farnell UK that I could put on the boosterpack pins underneath the board to protect them ?

I just got mine recently and haven't surveyed the details much, but yeah that looks like a very nice jumper (very nice, in that it has a handle built in!  Most of them you see nowadays don't...)

Not sure what to put underneath, in fact that's a question I have been trying to answer too.  My reasons are more to protect the pins from bending during transportation.

I just got mine recently and haven't surveyed the details much, but yeah that looks like a very nice jumper (very nice, in that it has a handle built in!  Most of them you see nowadays don't...)

Not sure what to put underneath, in fact that's a question I have been trying to answer too.  My reasons are more to protect the pins from bending during transportation.

Should that jumper work then would you say ?

The LaunchPads that are shipping now have jumpers on them.  Nothing extra is needed.

To protect the bottom pins I would recommend ordering a female socket that you can put over the pins.

Would this apply to Launchpads shipped from Farnell/CPC etc as well as direct from TI now ?