Sign in to follow this  
Rei Vilo

Arduino-like IDE for C2000?

Bonjour,

The project Energia offers a Processing-based Wiring-derived Arduino-like IDE for the LaunchPad MSP430.

Energia.png

Is there a similar project for the C2000, Processing-based Wiring-derived IDE, to be added to Energia?

Thanks!

I'm traveling right now....actually doing a LaunchPad Training at McMaster University close to Toronto Canada on Wednesday. When I get back to work later this week, I'll create the branch and upload the work that I've done so far on supporting the C2000 LaunchPad in Energia.

Sorry for the delay..life has been happening and I haven't had the free time I need to devote to my LaunchPad. I went ahead and forked the Energia repo, and committed what I have so far. The project should build in eclipse, but I don't think it can compile sources yet.

Rei Vilo, I've added you as a collaborator. If anyone else would like to contribute to this project please let me know and I will be happy to give you access.

The fork can be found here:

https://github.com/treygerman/Energia

Indeed it is!  I've been able to get some resources to use to implement the wiring APIs.  We are making good progress and are hoping to have something to show around MakerFaire.

The bad news is that we still won't have Mac OS support.  The only option for this is for us to use the TI tools.

Hahahha, nothing more that I would like in the world!  Right now it looks like we'll be able to support both Windows and Linux with the closed compiler.

If anyone is coming to MakerFaire, I'll be there with a few of my toys and some type (suggestions?) of Energia demo running on the C2000 LaunchPad!

Quick Update on Energia Support:

More good news!  I just finished adding serial programming support for the C2000 LaunchPad to Energia.  Its slow as molasses, but it works and its lightweight.  Also of note, the C2000 compiler no longer has a size restriction!!!

I'm hoping we'll have a beta build with C2000 support later this month.  No guarantees though, as I'm doing this in my free time.

Quick Update on Energia Support:

More good news!  I just finished adding serial programming support for the C2000 LaunchPad to Energia.  Its slow as molasses, but it works and its lightweight.  Also of note, the C2000 compiler no longer has a size restriction!!!

I'm hoping we'll have a beta build with C2000 support later this month.  No guarantees though, as I'm doing this in my free time.

That's good news.  Which version doesn't have the 32kB restriction?  The direct download to the compiler on TI's site still indicates that 6.1.4 is size-limited.  https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/TICodegenerationTools/download.htm

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe this is just a documentation error on the page.  The limit should be removed in the software itself.  I believe there is a bug filed to fix the wording on that page.

Also of note, all of the APIs are tested and working (except for i2c).  Things are looking good for a beta release near the end of the month!