Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

NXP Embed Design Challenge - Free LPC1768 kit

Good to know. What does the timing bug lead to?

The LED blinker code is set up for 100ms delays between the blinks, but in reality the delay ends up being around 6-10 seconds.

I've done a bit of probing, and I'm curious as to what would happen if I took the system_LPC17xx.o from the mbed SVN and linked it in. This would be less than optimal, but it should work, assuming that the mbed compiler is based on arm-gcc-eabi. If this works, then a reverse-engineering/disassembly technique could be applied. The ethics of this are sketchy, but it could work. *scratches chin* sounds like a fun challenge! I'll poke and prod a bit more tonight after the evening's entertainment (I'm going to see a production of Dracula).

Good news! I've gotten it to work!

Bad news... it depends on a heavy (but free) Eclipse-based IDE (however, it uses gcc-arm behind the scenes, so there is no code-size limit!). Also, no mbed libraries, nor JTAG/debugging. But that might just prompt me to write an LPChere framework ala MSPhere, and there's always serial monitoring. :)

I'll be doing a blog post later. For now, I must be off. Just thought I'd share the good news!

Good job! Maybe you can start a LPC1768 forum! :D

I could... but the mbed.org community is so great as it is, and there are also a few scattered about elsewhere.

It does seem though, that there are centralized forums for the different uC families. AVRfreaks, 43oh, etc... Maybe an LPChackers or something could work. I'unno. I'll think on it :)

Was playing with my mbed board today... Pretty easy to grab a library and whip something up. Got it running my LCD in 4-bit mode using an existing library in about 10 minutes (including wiring on breadboard).

The mbed would be good for embedding in a one-off project. With the ethernet, two serial, and USB connections, I'm thinking a web-enabled home automation project.