Sign in to follow this  
grim

[Launchpad] Unable to get ADC examples to work

I'm unable to get the two ADC examples in the C2K Launchpad folder to work.

- Example_2802xAdcTempSensor

- Example_F2802xAdcSoc

adc_isr fails to trigger.

Some more debug info. When I step through the code in the AdcTempSensorExample, the PWM registers do not populate. myPwm however points to the right register address... 0x6800

The below code makes no change in the PWM registers:

//   EPwm1Regs.ETSEL.bit.SOCAEN    = 1;        // Enable SOC on A group
   PWM_enableSocAPulse(myPwm);
//   EPwm1Regs.ETSEL.bit.SOCASEL    = 4;        // Select SOC from from CPMA on upcount
   PWM_setSocAPulseSrc(myPwm, PWM_SocPulseSrc_CounterEqualCmpAIncr);
//   EPwm1Regs.ETPS.bit.SOCAPRD     = 1;        // Generate pulse on 1st event
   PWM_setSocAPeriod(myPwm, PWM_SocPeriod_FirstEvent);
//   EPwm1Regs.CMPA               = 0x0080;    // Set compare A value
   ((PWM_Obj *)myPwm)->CMPA = 0x0080;
//   EPwm1Regs.TBPRD                 = 0xFFFF;    // Set period for ePWM1
   PWM_setPeriod(myPwm, 0xFFFF);
//   EPwm1Regs.TBCTL.bit.CTRMODE     = 0;        // count up and start
   PWM_setCounterMode(myPwm, PWM_CounterMode_Up);

Man, that code is a mess! I don't think I like the new driver library... like, at all! With the old one you could see where something went wrong just from reading the code. Now you have to read through dozens of headers and source files just to see what's going on...

My suggestion would be to try running the adc examples from v1.29. You get a much better understanding of the Piccolo that way.

Cheers

TomKraut

My suggestion would be to try running the adc examples from v1.29. You get a much better understanding of the Piccolo that way.

Where can I find these examples? Thanks.

Sorry about the troubles with the examples. The driver library is still very new and will grow as it matures and becomes easier to use.

I took a look at the examples and it looks like they are missing a few clock enables.

Try replacing this:

// Perform basic system initialization
WDOG_disable(myWDog);
CLK_enableAdcClock(myClk);

with this:

// Perform basic system initialization
WDOG_disable(myWDog);
CLK_enableAdcClock(myClk);
CLK_enableTbClockSync(myClk);
CLK_enablePwmClock(myClk, PWM_Number_1);

I apologize for how dirty those examples are. The other examples for the LaunchPad aren't that way and I will get these fixed in the next release.

No, problem. Once again, sorry for the trouble. All this stuff is still very new and ya'll are the first brave souls (beside myself) to test this stuff out (its only been public for a month). With any new software there are going to be a few bugs to be worked out, but I'm confident that with this community's help we can get the software polished and some amazing projects developed with this board.

Trey

No, problem. Once again, sorry for the trouble. All this stuff is still very new and ya'll are the first brave souls (beside myself) to test this stuff out (its only been public for a month). With any new software there are going to be a few bugs to be worked out, but I'm confident that with this community's help we can get the software polished and some amazing projects developed with this board.

I'd like to say that I really appreciate your help. I realize that the project is new and I don't expect it to be completely flawless. It's really important that there is a place where problems can be reported and that they are solved quickly.

I found the forum through a link to a code snippet posted in a discussion on TI forums or buried somewhere in TI wiki (I don't remember). It think it would be worth to give it a little bit more publicity.

regards,

j.

I was having the same problem with de Lauchpad in ADC_SOC Example. I did the change that Trey purpose but something is still wrong. I cant read the Voltage1[10] value, just the Voltage2[10]. I've tried everything, as try to read just one channel, but didnt work though.