kaipyroami

Sensored BLDC BoosterPack

This is a single inverter (DRV8302 + NEXFETs) for the BoosterPack. 24V 10A.

We have a different development board with two inverters (single controlCARD inferface), each 24V 10A that is also in progress. This one will also include an optional dyno bench, using one of the inverters as the dyno and the other under test/control.

Would it be possible to adapt this boosterpack schematic design to use higer amperage fets?

What I mean is, if I design a basic control with it for a motor under low torque could I then make a new board with 40A - 100A capable fets with minimal tuning?

Would it be possible to adapt this boosterpack schematic design to use higer amperage fets?

What I mean is, if I design a basic control with it for a motor under low torque could I then make a new board with 40A - 100A capable fets with minimal tuning?

The hardware on the BoosterPack will not be able to support such high currents (connectors/sense resistors/traces/etc). Due to the size/cost/thermal limitations we are looking at it is simply not possible to support that much power. I would have to send you in the direction of this EVM http://www.ti.com/tool/drv8302-hc-c2-kit for that kind of hardware.

I'm sure you could a find a way to put different FETs on the BoosterPack but the results would be unpredictable.

Regards,

Nick

Just to throw this out there, I did some work with bldc motors using msp430. See images below. In my opinion c2000 is a little over kill especially for sensored motor control but agreeably cool.

post-936-14264717215198_thumb.jpg

post-936-14264717215384_thumb.jpg

post-936-14264717215547_thumb.jpg

...well that looks awefully like a motor driver for a quadcopter...Nice work!

For a sensored BLDC application we are certainly overkill, but the beauty of our device is that we have the hardware and software to do sensorless control.

Now if only it flew haha...

I managed to get a form of instaspin bldc running on msp430g2553 on the first board but haven't touched it in awhile to optimize. My big problem was running the advice fast enough for high KV motors. I think I have a scheme now just need time to implement.

Now if only it flew haha... I managed to get a form of instaspin bldc running on msp430g2553 on the first board but haven't touched it in awhile to optimize. My big problem was running the advice fast enough for high KV motors. I think I have a scheme now just need time to implement.

Looking forward to it.

...well that looks awefully like a motor driver for a quadcopter...Nice work!

For a sensored BLDC application we are certainly overkill, but the beauty of our device is that we have the hardware and software to do sensorless control.

I could not figure out the mounts for the motors.

It's ok because mounts are not on the board. My goal was to have a separate frame for that. The motors that I wanted to use were too big and powerful to attach to the pcb