43oh

The C2000 Launchpad is Here

the tracking number is ti internal, i asked the customer service and they updated me with the real tracking number when it was available, awsome;

anyway i got mine today and it also didnt have jumpers and i sadly i didnt have any spares so i just twisted some wire in it to get it up and running

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am International Marsupial of Mystery   Buy at TI eStore   Product page

Glad to hear people are getting their launchpads. I'm really sorry about the jumpers...in the rush to get everything done and ready I must have over looked this. If it starts to become an issue, I'm

Its almost here guys(/gals)! Boards are on their way from China to Dallas!

Glad to hear people are getting their launchpads. I'm really sorry about the jumpers...in the rush to get everything done and ready I must have over looked this. If it starts to become an issue, I'm going to try to get some bags of jumpers put up in the estore for free.

In the mean time, these jumpers from digikey should work:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/969102-0000-DA/3M9580-ND/2071621

Please do be careful as you're using the board as Automate said. 5V, 3.3V and Ground are all on the header pins that face downward, so placing the board on something metal (or a pile of other boards...hey I know my desk is messy...) while the board is powered could potentially damage something. I think I'm going to make a mounting board boosterpack that will have receptacles for all the downward facing pins and some mounting holes. This should help to protect those bottom pins and give you some points that you can use to (semi-)permanently attach the launchpad to your project.

Also, We're on HackaDay!! Twice nonetheless!!! I'm pretty stoked. I've been reading hackaday since its inception, but I've never had anything of my own creation on there. Its really a great feeling to start being able to give back to the community after I've learned so much from it.

I think I'm going to make a mounting board boosterpack that will have receptacles for all the downward facing pins and some mounting holes. This should help to protect those bottom pins and give you some points that you can use to (semi-)permanently attach the launchpad to your project.
Maybe something with screw terminals would be a nice BoosterPack TI could sell?

Maybe something with screw terminals would be a nice BoosterPack TI could sell?

.. or maybe we could make one. I'll open a link in the BoosterPack section.

just ordered, ought to be sweet!

Nice! Did you get a confirmation email? I ordered one today and one two days back, but no confirmation email.

Automate, did your launchpad have jumpers on the power pins (JP1, JP2, and JP3)? We just got our first shipment of the production boards in here and all of the ones I've looked at are missing these jumpers. I'm going to address this with the manufacturer and work on getting some jumpers sent out to those who have ordered boards.

No jumpers here either. :(

It arrived, jumpers were missing here too. I can't browse the TI Ressource pages from within CCSv52 on Debian.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Ah, now I see there's no point in it, it's a .exe file.

All great questions!

First off, once again I appologize for the jumpers mix up. I've already brought this up to my management and we are working on a resolution. Hopefully, I can have something setup to fix this by next week.

Secondly, I agree the download is huge and there is no reason why you need all of controlSUITE. I fully anticipated this and back in June I developed what I lovingly referred to as controlSUITE2go-LaunchPad. This was a cut down version of controlSUITE that only included what a user would need to get up and running with the LaunchPad. Marketing thought the introduction of another controlSUITE package would confuse people and they didn't like the name, so because of the time crunch as we were approaching launch we decided to drop it. What do you guys think of the controlSUITE2go branding? Does it make you think of a lightweight development package with everything you need and nothing you don't?

Third, JP4-JP11.... Confusing right?!? You can thank the boosterpack standard for this:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/BYOB#20-pin_LaunchPad.2FBoosterPack_Standard

We had to design our LaunchPad to match the pin out of the MSP430 LaunchPad. On their GPIO mux, SPI and I2c functions are muxed on the same pins, while on C2000 devices these functions are always on different pins. This made it difficult to impossible to implement the boosterpack standard, so we had to connect multiple GPIO to each of the header pins to implement a few of those pins on the boosterpack standard. When the chip is initially powered, all the GPIOs come up Hi-Z and stay that way until configured. The thinking with these pins is that a user will configure I2c or SPI and not the other, which will allow for both of these peripherals to function on the desired pins. The JP4-11 jumpers were added so that a user can easily change how these GPIOs are routed to the pins. By defaults everything is connected per the schematic, but you can take an Xacto knife and cut through the trace that goes in between the two pads to disconnect a GPIO from one of the pins. Of course after it has been cut, one could easily (ok...they are 0402 footprints...it might take some skill) reconnect these GPIOs to a pin by soldering a 0 ohm jumper (or simply just blobbing some solder on there...less skilled approach).

Finally, Oppa, Could you further describe the problem you're seeing? Are you referring to the TI Resource Explorer within CCS?

Finally, Oppa, Could you further describe the problem you're seeing? Are you referring to the TI Resource Explorer within CCS?

Yep, the Linux version. Videos don't work there too. I'm installing CCSv5.21 for Windows using the web installer right now. ;)

...and paying the price for laziness, chose Full Install and it still is installing. 1.5h later it's at about 80% :lol:

Edited by Oppa