43oh

Great news! I really can't wait any longer for this... I hope you guys already did all the testing in-house and are just waiting for the FCC results to release the 10k units you have in stock to the store ;)

When will we get more information about the specs? I'm betting it's a F28035 on there, because that's almost certainly a 64TQFP package...

Na, the FCC testing is just a part of this new TI compliance initiative. We have to jump through a bazillion hoops before we can release a kit now. There is no law requiring these boards be tested before they are sold...there are laws about radiating unintentionally. That being said, with the currents and frequencies on this board, the compliance testing is more of a formality.

Close but no cigar on the part number...that's actually a 48TQFP...

;)

We just kicked off production on Memorial Day and it should take about 3 weeks to get the kits built and in stock... Sorry for the wait everyone...this was supposed to be release in March....

Might this be a member of the F2802x0 Piccolo Entry Line then? ;)

Just stumbled upon these while checking my controlSUITE version number and skimming the revision notes:

v2.8.6

- Piccolo Entry Line (f2802x0) Device Support v1.00 - Device support package (including driver library)

Seems like this is a new entry in the Piccolo line? They are not yet listed in the product finder or on the Piccolo landing page.

If anyone else is interested:

http://www.ti.com/product/tms320f280230

Especially the TSSOP38 package opens a lot of possibilities for us hobbyists...

Might this be a member of the F2802x0 Piccolo Entry Line then? ;)

Just stumbled upon these while checking my controlSUITE version number and skimming the revision notes:

v2.8.6

- Piccolo Entry Line (f2802x0) Device Support v1.00 - Device support package (including driver library)

Seems like this is a new entry in the Piccolo line? They are not yet listed in the product finder or on the Piccolo landing page.

If anyone else is interested:

http://www.ti.com/pr...t/tms320f280230

Especially the TSSOP38 package opens a lot of possibilities for us hobbyists...

Good find Tom. It probably is. I'm all stoked for this board.

Once again...close, but no cigar! Actually this board was originally slated to have an entry line device on it, but our marketing team wants to keep the entry line parts kind of secret. We don't want customers who are already using a Piccolo part to migrate their application to these lower cost parts. That being said the entry line parts are public:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/sprs810/sprs810.pdf

After we had built about 500 of these boards with the entry line parts marketing came back and wanted our High-Resolution PWM to be on the board (which the entry line parts lack), so we had to change parts. I think you should be able to guess the part that will be on the board now ;-)

What do you guys think of the entry line device support package? There is a new driver library (which is actually useful compared to the drivers we previously shipped with the examples), and new documentation. In the coming months, drivers like this will be released for 02x, 03x, 06x, and perhaps other devices as well.

Trey

That's really disappointing... :(

So now we have two low-cost development tools for the F2802x, but none for the Entry Line and none for the F2803x. Those marketing guys seem to be real geniuses...

Haven't had the time to check out the driver library yet. I guess I will wait until they are available for a MCU I actually have an eval kit for...

Cheers

TomKraut

More news:

Our Chinese CM isn't going to be able to hit the date they promised. They say the issue is component lead times, but they should have already purchased all the components because we kicked off a production run of an old version of the board previously (which subsequently got cancelled). Its looking like the Launch will be some time in July...

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, they are all already spoken for. Just hold tight...only a few more weeks.

In the mean time check out some of the cool technology TI is helping to create. I went to a media day a few weeks back and got to see all of the demos (and meet Kipp Bradford of MAKE) in this article:

http://blog.makezine.com/2012/06/27/innovate-the-future-with-texas-instruments/

FYI The vein view is super cool in person!