43oh

Gearing up to release EasyMSP 0.8.3 Beta1

Hello Everyone,

I'm gearing up to release EasyMSP 0.8.3 Beta1 which should be a massive improvement to the documentation and code.

Preliminary changelog:

Fixed:

flashWriteWord()

enableTimer()

clearWD()

delayms()

delaysec()

Added:

Flash:

flashWriteByte()

eraseMainMemory()

eraseFlashSegment()

eraseAllMemory()

GPIO:

enableResistor()

disableResistor()

pullDownPin()

pullUpPin()

enablePinInterrupt()

disablePinInterrupt()

interruptEdgeSelect()

System:

enableInterrupts()

disableInterrupts()

enterAM()

enterLPM0()

enterLPM1()

enterLPM2()

enterLPM3()

Also, EasyMSP also now handles Reset and NMI interrupts.

Commenting the code and documenting functions is taking longer than i expected, So please bare with me while i continue to prepare EasyMSP for release. :geek:

That's the trouble with projects turning into successes, suddenly you have to focus on some of the more boring stuff :o.

Keep up the good work! I often find it useful to sometimes work on features when having to deal with things like documentation. So it sounds like you'r on the right track :-)

I think you're doing to right thing.

Documentation is not glamorous but it is absolutely essential to the success of your project. Without it, no one will join in with you.

Documentation will save your butt in a couple of years when you've forgotten why you coded something a particular way.

Documentation will save your butt in a couple of years when you've forgotten why you coded something a particular way.

For some strange reason, I seem to forget to document the most important stuff in my code. Resulting in a complete rediscover of my thinking, when I look at the code at a later point. Not the things you want to do when looking for an evil bug somewhere...

So yeah, documentation is important, boring, and at some times quite difficult to get right :-)

For some strange reason, I seem to forget to document the most important stuff in my code. Resulting in a complete rediscover of my thinking, when I look at the code at a later point. Not the things you want to do when looking for an evil bug somewhere...

So yeah, documentation is important, boring, and at some times quite difficult to get right :-)

That is very true, as i'm looking at EasyMSP's GPIO library and thinking, Why did i do that?!

I Expect to release July 1st. Also check the change log in the first post :D