kg_gaurav

Not able to connect to Beaglebone black

Hi All,
I have bought beaglebone black and used tutorials to setup it. I started with start.html (provided with BBB). installed rules(mkudevrule.sh). Tried opening 192.168.7.2 in browser but didn't succeded. I tried finding IP of BBB using arp-scan and again got nothing. I found somewhere that by default ssh doesn't work on angstrom so i flashed debian into an SD card and booted with that ( i refer this tute:http://avedo.net/653/flashing-ubuntu-13-04-or-debian-wheezy-to-the-beaglebone-black-emmc/), again i am not able to connect with BBB. In start.html there's a link for USB to virtual Ethernet. I don't know how would i install this (if i need to)

My system is detail is
kumar@anandlinux:~$ uname -a
Linux anandlinux.com 3.2.0-52-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 26 16:21:44 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

One of my friend suggested that i should use FTDI to USB cable to connect with BBB USB mini to USB won't work. Is that true? Currently i'm using USB Mini to USB.

I tried using screen command too
screen /dev/ttyUSB1 115200 but that too doesn't help.

Please suggest how can i connect. I've been Googling since 5th march and still clueless.

i tried flashig and using latest image(debian) from http://beagleboard.org/latest-images as well but that isn't working as well.

Do i need to have any module like g_eather installed to access BBB?

Please let me know if i need to install anything else.
I'm using this forum for first time so if i used wrong topic/specific topic etc then let me know