43oh

What would you like to see in EasyMSP?

Hello 43Oh!

Recently I have been developing what I wanted EasyMSP to be. Also I have been slacking on documentation of EasyMSP (This will hopefully change.)

So here's what I want to know:

What function/function set would you like to see implemented?

What do you dislike about EasyMSP that I could change?

Would a installer for EasyMSP be useful?

Should EasyMSP revisions be released every week or every two weeks?

And any other suggestions/complains you have about EasyMSP.

Thanks,
MattTheGeek

I have not been looking very closely at EasyMSP (though I have it checked out :)), but I have at least one question regarding the license.

It says CC-BY-SA, where the SA part implies it is viral. Not that this would ever by an issue with my use cases, but have you considered that this may cause those who do (or will want to do) commercial development keeping a distance? I do not know your user base, it's also highly unlikely I'll ever need EasyMSP (or anything else, for that matter) in a commercial context (so I'm not exactly after some hidden agenda :)), I'm voicing a thought that this might be something that keeps your best potential contributors/co-developers away.

Also a couple of nits: for us Unix-heads it would be a great favor if you could set svn:eol-style to native on the text files (which would be all of them, AFAICT).

I think I'll go have a deeper look at it now, it definitely looks quite interesting.

My guess is the apache license would be best especially if you plan on other people using this and possibly going commercial with it.

the other option is GNU GPL or other variant ,

a good source would be http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#SoftwareLicenses

but the best place would be consult a lawyer, your try asking EFF about what the best choice is

http://www.eff.org/about/contact

**this is opinion and not legal advise, I am not a lawyer, If legal advise is needed please consult your lawyer**