Sign in to follow this  
yyrkoon

Any interests in boot up scripting ?

Just curious if anyone else is interrested in /etc/init.d/ startup / boot script how to. Today, I made some changes to my uEnv.txt boot file only to come back up to oblivion. On my nfs server I had the whole class C subnet shared as in  192.168.0.0/24 . . . and for some reason the router on our network did not like it. 

So, I had to use a static IP again for my Beaglebone Black, but for some reason the BBB was not pulling DNS from our router. The best way I figured to fix this was to pull in a gateway via route -add at boot time. This took a bit of googling as since Debian squeeze it seems there is a new preferred way of of running init scripts . . . needless to say it took me a while to figure out, but once I did, I got my name resolution back, and I added ntp time pulling while I was there. Killing two birds with one stone. Which also means I am no longer living in the past ( year 2000 ) when i boot up my BBB. YAY!

Anyways, it would not be much of a blog post, maybe two pages at most, but it could make for an interesting read if you're into that sort of thing.