Sign in to follow this  
yyrkoon

Beaglebone Black nfs /root/ Complete

Still basically a rough draft, but its all there ! Wordpress and I need to come to an understanding as to who is the boss. It like to reformat html on you when you're not looking. This version is about as condensed as it can be I think. At least while maintaining some semblance of explanation. 

http://www.embeddedhobbyist.com/beaglebone-black-nfs-root/

Enjoy !

Nice!  I might just think about setting up Debian on my Mac soon if it'll run.  I know my coworkers seem more interested in getting their BBB's usable as Linux servers than hardware tinkering platforms, so the basic uSD-Debian instructions will apply.

Nice!  I might just think about setting up Debian on my Mac soon if it'll run.  I know my coworkers seem more interested in getting their BBB's usable as Linux servers than hardware tinkering platforms, so the basic uSD-Debian instructions will apply.

You can setup debian ( support system ) in a virtual machine. So long as your computer is semi modern. My Asus here is 3-4 year old technology now, and it worked fine. The key, is having a SD card reader that is supported by the Virtualbox extension pack. In my original blog post, I had covered that, but decided to break things up. I still have the blog post, But I would like to sort things out better. I will probably go over it in high detail, from start to finish ( installing Debian ) etc.

Netboot instructions now up on my blog, This is a supplement to the nfs root blog post I made. Not sure what to add next, I have three ideas, based on stuff I have already done. Setting up Debian on a virtual machine, repurposing an MSP430 for serial debug duties, or Linaro toolchain setup with code::blocks on Windows ( already posted instructions on this forum). I could also cover building the Linux kernel with iscsi in mind( using Robert C Nelson's instructions / build scripts ), but that would quickly turn into a photo blog, and is not really that difficult to achieve.

I may for the next few days just read the Linux device drivers book . . . then read up more on device tree. Or hmm try to figure out how to enable pinctrl in Debian.