Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

MineNinja - BeagleBone Black Bitcoin Mining Platform

"Open Source startup CoinNinja (www.coinninja.com) launches its first product geared for miners of the Bitcoin crypto-currency. The MineNinja is a turn-key device for hosting Bitcoin mining hardware, such as ASICs from Butterfly Labs, Avalon, and ASICMiner. With the bitcoin mining market rapidly moving to ASIC devices which provide more Hash power per watt, the MineNinja is the perfect compliment as it further reduces power consumption by eliminating the need for a PC."

The ASIC(via USB) is $400.

bitcoin_beaglebone_mining.jpg

Be careful of new start-up's such as these. Bit coin hardware seems to be a scam sometimes. Butteryfly labs as far as I can tell is legit, but even with them. By the time you get the hardware( they seem to build theirs all by hand ), the hardware will be less useful.

Also, you do not need anything like this to mine bitcoins. There are already made applications for Windows and Linux ( possibly more OS support ) for several bit coin mining apps. CGMiner, BFGMiner are two such applications. Both these support various different hardware such as Butterfly labs ASIC's, ZTEX's FPGA miners, etc. It takes a little while to get used to, and learn how to set up, but it doesn't cost $400 either.

Just a FYI for all the "new players".

You can download their software for free as it is open source and flash it to a sdcard.  If you already have the beagle board the cost is free.

I did and am currently running 9 USB Block erupters and 1 erupter Blade on it successfully.