Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

FRAM Experimenter's Board coupon code 50% off

I couldn't help myself. They have -1 now.

Also, there's some neato peripherals on the board too. Here's a list:

Integrated MSP430FR5739 :

16KB FRAM / 1KB SRAM

16-Bit RISC Architecture up to 8-MHz

2x Timer_A Blocks, 3x Timer_B Block

1x USCI (UART/SPI/IrDA/I2C ) Blocks, 16Ch 10-Bit ADC12_B, 16Ch Comp_D, 32 I/Os

3 axis accelerometer

NTC Thermister

8 Display LED's

Footprint for additional through-hole LDR sensor

2 User input Switches

Connections

Connection to MSP-EXP430F5438

Connection to most Wireless Daughter Cards (CCxxxx RF)

MSP-EXP430FR5739 Experimenter Board

post-2341-135135502291_thumb.jpg

There's something fishy with that clock speed.

I'm pretty sure that the FR5739 can run at 24MHz. At least the datasheet says it can unless they correct themselves.

Well, when applied, the discount comes up on the invoice as "generic fram discount" or something like that. I thought "generic, hmmmm" and therefore I tried applying it to a different fram dev kit, hoping that maybe it applied across the whole fram line, and was simply unannounced (at least to us low volume customers). unfortunately, no "secret easter egg" type discount. Ah well.

Can't blame a guy for trying. Hackers gotta hack! :twisted:

-Gene

Side note- gave a guy I met a launchpad the other day. He lives in, and drives 30-50K miles a year in, an old school bus, painted black and modded out Mad Max-style. The thing runs on waste oil, and produces it's ovn fuel and electricity on board, and the owner does all the wrenching, hacking, modding and bailing-wire-and-duct-taping himself. Just so happens, he had learned C programming in school, but had no knowledge of microcontrollers. Coincidentally, I had just that day received a spare "just in case I fry it" LP, so destiny (or density? :D ) forced me to give it away.

I think it's neat that the $4.30 LP has found it's way into the hands of perhaps the most frugal man on earth! (the last leg of their trip, 10,000 miles, cost exactly $300 for fuel.) This in a 6mpg bus!!

Punk Rock Anarchists FTW!

Just Orderd mine :)

btw, the title of sheet three of the schematic: FR57XX Fraunchpad

Hehe :)

I think it's neat that the $4.30 LP has found it's way into the hands of perhaps the most frugal man on earth! (the last leg of their trip, 10,000 miles, cost exactly $300 for fuel.) This in a 6mpg bus!!

Well done!

I think it's neat that the $4.30 LP has found it's way into the hands of perhaps the most frugal man on earth!

I LOVE giving LaunchPads away! I've given about four to friends.

HackADay has posted this same promo. If you're trying to decide, you probably wanna jump now before the 1500 units are sold and the promo ends.

Hopefully, the HaD post will bring some more people into the MSP430 fold

HaD also posted V0JT4's slot car project. Congrats V0JT4, and congrats 43oh! on the double exposure. (i dropped our name a time or 2 in the comments). :D