43oh

Does Launchpad support other kinds of MSP430?

hi guys... i was looking for some 430 with some pheriperial included... like USB and LCD controller...

do you know if Launchpad supports only G series of MSP430 or if it supports other series?

The launchpad supports all of the TI chips that use Spy-Bi-Wire (2 wire JTAG).. You will need to connect the GND, RST and TEST wires. If you want the device to be powered via the launchpad then connect Vcc also (there are pins/headers for all these pins in 1 place apart from GND). Remember though not to connect Vcc if the device you are programming is externally powered.

More details can be found HERE

A list of devices and whether they use SBW can be found on Table 2-1 on page page 17 of of this document.

Hope this helps..

Dan

A list of devices and whether they use SBW can be found on Table 2-1 on page page 17 of of this document.

Thanks for the reference here, I have been looking for exactly such a table! It's a shame that none of TIs product selectors allow you to search on SBW.

I noticed that this document was updated recently -- June 2011 -- Does anyone happen to know if this table has been updated to list *all* of the chips that support SBW?