Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

The UDOO-Quad

udoo_quad_beaglebone_comparison.JPG

New kid on the block. Just heard about this. UDOO is a mini PC that could run either Android or Linux, with an Arduino-compatible board embedded. Priced @129. Kick has gone over 500K.. I've been under a rock. I failed to notice it at this years MakerFaire too.

Just what @@spirilis is doing by placing a Launchpad cape over the Beaglebone Black.

That is pretty sweet. Probably more practical for media center PC replacement for the price and capability, assuming the GPU has a video codec (haven't checked). With the arduino headers you could make one exquisitely pimp home theater setup too. Automatic beer dispenser perhaps?

Quite honestly, I dont think the BBB deserves to be compared to these other boards. For instance, the odroid X2 is an intel core i3 killer ( out performs an Intel core i3 processor in many tests ) It also cost 10x as much by the time you get everything you need for it together. I do not know about the other two ( we all know the PI, unfortunately . . ) , but i suspect that performance, and cost is going to be just as good as the odroid.

Also technically the bbb does have a RTC, its on the AM3359, all you need to do it keep it powered and you're golden. Which just from what I do know, would require something akin to a mini UPS but perfectly doable.