Sign in to follow this  
yyrkoon

BBB Tick

@@spirilis not sure where you made you post about it here, I looked quickly and did not see it but . . .

https://github.com/russdill/tick

Not sure if that is going to do what you had in mind, but it seems so. Just glossing over the readme it seems it'll do serial and a few other things. Multiple people workign on that project so you may want to take a look and reconsider ?

Wow that's pretty slick.  It has everything and the kitchen sink though, probably costs a lot more.  Supplies all the JTAG functionality that the classic BBW did.  Mine's very simple, just supplies the FTDI serial port and nothing more.

I do love the power management stuff...

If serious servers were ever built using these boards, something like this as a Lights-Out-Management interface would be swell.  Even better would be RF access of some sort so a server room full of beaglebone black's could be remotely managed without having to run extra ethernet cords for the LOM interface.

Crazy ideas .... haha

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the cost. They have a schematic PDF, etc so perhaps one *could* make their own board, and just not populate the high cost stuff right away or ever ?

Doubtful, the cornerstone is a higher-priced FTDI chip... mine relies on the FT230X which is meant for lower cost/functionality... my board is also quite tiny (under $1/board with OSHpark which is an accomplishment lol)